Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tournament Report 10/30/10

I went to locals today with my Scrap Anti-Stun deck. The only change I had made was taking out Gold Sarcophagus for Pot of Duality.

Since it was a Saturday, there were only about 20 people there. Before the tournament started, though, Yugilo and I played a match under his budget format. The videos he took will be uploaded tomorrow.

Round 1: vs Anti-Meta

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He drew pretty badly, but he had Morphing Jar to reset our hands. Even so, he couldn't play around my Scrap Dragons.
-Duel 2: He had Cyber Dragon and Breaker the Magical Warrior out with 2300 LP left. I summoned Scrap Golem, dropped Scrap Goblin on his side of the field, and attacked through it for game.

Round 2: vs Machina Returner OTK

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I was afraid that I could get OTK'd at any moment. But, he had to play defensively, since I had gotten out Scrap Dragon early.
-Duel 2: He killed me with Machinas and Dark Armed Dragon.
-Duel 3: He dropped Future Fusion, and I thought I had lost. He Special Summoned two Jinzos by dropping two Jinzo Returners, but he didn't have any follow-up. I took control of the game, but he got Overload Fusion off of Magical Merchant. He desperately tried to win by Synchro Summoning Brionac to bounce one of my three back rows. He hit my Call of the Haunted, so my Bottomless Trap Hole was free to deal with his Chimeratech Overdragon.

Round 3: vs X-Sabers

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon to destroy his XX-Saber Emmersblade. He had to stall for a turn, but then he dropped XX-Saber Boggart Knight, X-Saber Pashuul, XX-Saber Faultroll, and XX-Saber Fulhelmknight. He Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon to destroy my Scrap Dragon, but I revived Scrap Goblin and held out for the turn. I Synchro Summoned another Scrap Dragon on my turn and destroyed his field. He drew Mirror Force, but it was no use against my Scrap Dragon.
-Duel 2: He started with XX-Saber Fulhelmknight and a back row. I dropped Cyber Dragon and attacked, but he flipped Book of Moon. On his turn, he dropped Boggart Knight and a second Fulhelmknight. I stopped his Boggart Knight's attack with Book of Moon, and his Fulhelmknights couldn't get over Cyber Dragon's 1600 DEF. I played Giant Trunade and Mind Controlled a XX-Saber Fulhelmknight. I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon, and Normal Summoned Scrap Chimera. It attacked his Fulhelmknight, and Scrap Dragon attacked it after the first attack was negated. I re-Set my back row and ended my turn. He flipped XX-Saber Boggart Knight and attacked Scrap Chimera, but I used Forbidden Chalice to give my Scrap Chimera a boost. He scooped after that.

So, I was going into the last round undefeated, which meant that I was in the finals.

Round 4: vs Flamvells

This was my Round 1 opponent from last weekend.

-Duel 1: He beat me down with a Card Trooper and Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress. I used Mind Control on Card Trooper and Normal Summoned Scrap Goblin to Synchro Summon Goyo Guardian and steal Lyla. He played Rekindling to Special Summon the Flamvell Firedog and Flamvell Magician that he milled previously. He Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon and used its effect to destroy Goyo Guardian. I stalled for two turns until I could draw into a Spell Card for Summoner Monk. Once I did, I Synchro Summoned Colossal Fighter to attack his Scrap Dragon. From 600 LP, I made a huge comeback, getting him down from 8000 to 0.
-Duel 2: I was stalling behind two Snowman Eaters for a while. He built up his front row while I built up my back row. He made a push after a while. He had Flamvell Firedog and Dekoichi on the field, and he Normal Summoned Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind. He tried to halve the DEF of one of my Snowman Eaters, but I flipped Forbidden Chalice to negate Gale's effect. He played Mind Control to steal one of my Snowman Eaters, but I played Book of Moon to put Gale face-down. He was forced to use Rekindling to revive Flamvell Magician, but he opted to Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon using it and Flamvell Firedog. After he attacked over my Snowman Eater, he gave my other one back. I used my own Mind Control to steal his Gale, using its effect to halve Stardust Dragon's stats. I Synchro Summoned Goyo Guardian to take it, then Normal Summoned Scrap Goblin. I Synchro Summoned XX-Saber Gottoms with the Goblin and Goyo Guardian to rip the last card out of my opponent's hand. His last card was a spent Dekoichi, while I had his Stardust Dragon and a Dark Hole in my hand. He destroyed his Stardust Dragon after a couple turns with Mirror Force, then topped Rekindling to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon. I still had the Dark Hole, and his last card was that Scrap Dragon. I topped Monster Reborn, which wasn't necessary. However, he said that if I had Monster Reborn he would scoop, I showed him my hand of Dark Hole and Monster Reborn, and that was it.

So, I went undefeated again and got first place. I won some store credit, and used it to get two Marik Structure Decks and a pack of sleeves.

Pot of Duality was actually a lot better than expected. I can see why it's so expensive. Since the person I was going to sell it to won't have the money in time for the Sneak Preview, I might consider getting another, since it helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.