Monday, November 1, 2010

Random Stuff #20

I'm not sure where to start. I guess that works.

I've realized that Pot of Duality is much better than I thought. On the other hand, every time I drew the card was in the first two turns of the duel. That's generally when Special Summoning isn't necessary. Either way, it's a better top-deck than Gold Sarcophagus when I'm about to lose.

Some people I know are starting to use Forbidden Chalice. It's kind of weird, since now I have to watch out for it. And, it's such a versatile card that it's hard to play around it completely. At least it's easier to read than Effect Veiler.

I decided to forgo getting a Scrap Mind Reader at the Sneak Preview, since it's probably a Secret Rare that will cost a mess load of money. If it turns out to be good, I'll get it afterwards. I also realized that Scrap Searcher isn't as amazing as it could be. I e-mailed Konami for a ruling, since the OCG rulings didn't cover whether or not it can activate in the Damage Step. If it can't, then it's almost worthless. I'll have to see if I get a response. Either way, it's hard enough to get them into the Graveyard consistently without drawing them...

Since I'm going to be saving money on those unnecessary Scrap cards, I decided to go out and get Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's a bit underwhelming in the beginning, but it looks like it's be worth the money I spent on it.

The only card I'm completely set on getting at the Sneak Preview is Scrap Twin Dragon. Once the rarities are revealed, I'll make a post on what exactly will be worth getting.

4 comments:

  1. :/ Scrap Mind reader is like Plague for scraps... Now Chimera -> goblin for archfiend can be changed into Chimera -> goblin -> mind reader + chimera (in hand) (or whatever) in hand again -> 5 star. I just got a free 5 star sycnhro for a normal summon (no advantage loss)? What is this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Thomas

    Actually, Scrap Mind Reader doesn't help Scraps all that much. You can't go Scrap Chimera + Scrap Mind Reader because Scrap Chimera cannot be used as a Synchro Material unless the Synchro Monster is a Scrap, and there's no Level 5 Scrap Synchros.

    It's nice that there's another way to destroy a Scrap Tuner to activate its recursion effect, but Scrapstorm does a better job at that.

    The only thing I can say I like about Scrap Mind Reader is that it can give you a free Formula Synchro when it's paired with Scrap Searcher. However, that's situational and impractical in a format where people can Set their hand to the back row.

    If I pick up a Scrap Mind Reader, I might use it. But, it's not a top priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touche. Forgot about that. Nvrmnd. Though golem -> goblin -> Mind reader and searcher -> formula synchron -> add scrap+draw to hand -> 7 stars synchro is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Thomas

    The thing I don't like about that combo is the tremendous Graveyard set-up it requires. It's hard to get Scrap Searcher and Scrap Golem into the Graveyard efficiently, since you can't really search them, and you wouldn't want to use Scrapstorm to send them to the Graveyard unless it's later in the game.

    Scrap Mind Reader is a Machine, though, so I suppose that there are some combos with Future Fusion that can be played.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.