Thursday, November 18, 2010

Scrap Zombies

I've been bogged down with stuff for the past few days, but that's all over for about two weeks. So, yay.

I'm planning on attending a big tournament this Saturday, and I've been trying to fix up my Scrap deck to cover its main weakness (lack of non-Tuners) and to enable it to fight against the new decks that Starstrike Blast will bring.

So, I was thinking about Zombies. Mixing the old Zombie engine from a year ago with Scraps could potentially work well. Goblin Zombie is a great Level 4 non-Tuner that's also a floater, enabling +1 Synchros and such. Moreover, it's searchable by Mystic Tomato, which was the main concept back in the day.

Although it would seem pointless, there is a good reason to use Scrap Beast as the primary Tuner. It would allow for free Scrap Dragons through Scrap Chimera. It also makes Scrap Dragon a bigger threat, because it can revive a Scrap when it's destroyed.

The problem I have with this idea is that Zombies are generally weak by themselves and die really easily. So, it'll be hard to keep them on the field. Sure, Mezuki and Book of Life can revive them, but I'm probably not going to get that opportunity more than once per duel.

Also, I don't like the fact that some of my Monsters (Mystic Tomato) have to die in battle to get their effects. Sure, it was good two years ago when Shura and Flamvell Firedog didn't exist. But now they do exist, so yeah.

I'll still look into this idea, though, since it seems like it's worth trying. But, I probably won't be able to refine it in time for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.