Sunday, November 7, 2010

Starstrike Blast Sneak Preview

Aki wasn't able to come, which was sad. Riku was there, though.

The holos I pulled were Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana, which will go into Aki's Dragunity deck, and an Ultimate Rare Supreme Arcanite Magician, which was nice. I like Miracle Synchro Fusion, so I might find a way to use it.

Anyways, I scoured the area for Scrap Twin Dragons. The only person who had it was planning on making a Scrap deck, so I couldn't get it off of him. So, I gave up and decided to duel someone.

He was running Hopeless Dragon, and we played one match without siding. I lost the first game since he swarmed me too quickly. I was able to win the other two duels, though. During the first duel, someone pulled a Scrap Twin Dragon and offered to sell it to me since he knew I needed it. I bought it off of him for a price higher than I would've normally paid, but other people were trying to get it off of him, and it was an Ultimate Rare.

Then, I was able to trade an extra Scrap Chimera to the guy who was planning on making a Scrap deck. I wanted his Formula Synchron, but he only had one. He traded for another one a few minutes later, and traded it to me for the Scrap Chimera.

Next, I played a match without siding against the guy who sold me the Scrap Twin Dragon. He was running straight Flamvells. He kept drawing only Tuners and no Flamvell Firedogs, so I was able to win pretty easily.

I then played two matches against the guy who was planning on making a Scrap deck. He was running Naturias with cards from Duel Terminal 3. I won the first match 2-0, since I kept drawing Scrap Chimeras and got up my Scrap Golem loop. I wasn't as lucky in the second match, but I still won 2-1. The end of the second match was pretty cool.

I had bounced his Naturia Pineapple earlier with Scrap Twin Dragon. He Set it and three back rows. On my turn, I Normal Summoned Scrap Chimera, but he negated its effect with Royal Oppression, paying down to 2600 LP. So, I used Mind Control on his Set Pineapple and destroyed it with Scrap Twin Dragon to bounce his two Set back rows. I can see why Scrap Twin Dragon is good.

Next, I played against someone I met at this Regional. I hadn't played against him before, but I knew him because I had traded him a Solemn Warning. Anyways, we played six duels, three without siding and three with. He ran Lightsworn, and we each won three duels. After that, he left, but he came back after a little bit, and we dueled another match. That time, he used Machina Gadgets with Solidarity and Ultimate Offering. I was able to win that one 2-1.

That was all I did at the Sneak Preview. All of the duels were fun, and using Scrap Twin Dragon for the first time was pretty cool. Most of all, I'm glad that Starstrike Blast didn't break any decks, so the meta should be the same as it is now, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.