Saturday, November 20, 2010

2K Tournament Report 11/20/10

There was a 2K tournament today, so I decided to go. I met up with vadangchoinga and kisforkapono pretty early, and we took some duel videos, so those will be uploaded in a few days or so.

Anyway, I was using my Scrap Anti-Stun build. I changed it a little, running Royal Decrees in the Main Deck. I still have mixed feelings about them.

Round 1: vs Scraps - XOO
-This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament. That meant REVENGE. So yeah. He drew the Golem/Goblin loop first game. We both drew all-Monster hands second game, but mine was better. The only Scrap Monsters he drew third game were Scrap Golems.

Round 2: vs Macro Stun - XOO
-This was my Round 6 opponent from this tournament. He drew his perfect set-up first game, but I beat him down the next two games, with the help of Forbidden Chalice. The universe always seems to make it so that I beat him.

Round 3: vs X-Sabers - OXX
-I just controlled him in the first duel, but he drew broken Faultroll combos all three games. This guy ended up getting into the Top 8.

Round 4: vs Six Samurai - OO
-He didn't draw Gateway first game, so I won. He drew two Gateways (not at the same time) during the second duel, but I destroyed them with Scrap Dragons.

Round 5: vs Debris Plants - XX
-He drew amazingly both games. I actually drew my sided cards in the second game, but he had outs to all of them.

After that round, I went out to the vendor to buy some Starstrike Blast packs. My Round 4 opponent claimed that the top pack on the right side of the box had a Glow-Up Bulb in it. I bought it, and sure enough, it did. I pulled an Ultimate Rare Glow-Up Bulb. That made my day.

Round 6: vs Stun - OO
-I play Scrap ANTI-STUN. Enough said.

Round 7: vs Blackwings - OO
-In the first duel, he had complete control with four back rows. I topped Summoner Monk with Cyber Dragon on the field. I played Giant Trunade, putting his field back into his hand, then I summoned the Monk and used its effect to discard my last card (Mind Control) and get Scrap Beast. He was at 5100 LP, so I Synchro Summoned Red Dragon Archfiend for game. I usually lose the first game to Blackwings, but pulling a win out of nowhere was a pleasant surprise. Oh, and Forbidden Chalice stopped his Dark Armed Dragon play in the second duel.

So, I went 5-2 and got 12th place. Even though I didn't win any money, I won three Starstrike Blast packs. One of them had a Formula Synchron, so that was nice. The ironic part was that I traded for two Formula Synchrons beforehand, so now I have four.

The reason why I traded for them is because I'm starting to get bored of Scraps. So, I picked up some cards for new decks. The Glow-Up Bulb was the last card I needed for a Debris Plant deck, and I picked up some Karakuri stuff, since I'm considering making a Karakuri variant. I'm not sure what else to make, though. Nothing really stands out.

So yeah. Even though I didn't Top 8, it was a pretty good day overall.

2 comments:

  1. How did your round 4 opponent knew that was a Grow Up Bulb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @9045d

    He was just guessing, I suppose. He was messing with another kid who had just bought packs and didn't pull any holos. That kid refused to buy the pack with the supposed-Glow-Up Bulb, so he wasn't too happy when I pulled it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.