Thursday, November 4, 2010

Starstrike Blast

I think that it's a great set, overall. More on that later.

Anyways, I'm discussing the set today because the rarities have recently been confirmed. So, onto the cards I'm looking for:

-Glow-Up Bulb (I could try it out in various decks...)
-Scrap Searcher (see the above post...)
-Supreme Arcanite Magician (it's nice to have)
-Formula Synchron
-Red Nova Dragon (no Shooting Star, how sad)
-SCRAP TWIN DRAGON!
-Koa'ki Ring (it's a Koa'ki Meiru card...)
-Red Screen (lame name change...)
-Vanity's Emptiness (it's good in decks that can't use Oppression)
-Scrap Mind Reader (only if I pull it or get a good deal)
-Gravekeeper's Recruiter (it's nice to have)
-Psi-Blocker (again, nice to have)
-Koa'ki Meiru Wall (makes Rock-based Koa'ki Meiru decks viable)
-Genex Ally Duradark (it's a Genex)
-Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana (awesome in the Dragunity deck)
-Genex Ally Axel (a nice option to have for a Genex deck)

Besides those cards that I would like to have, I wouldn't mind pulling some of the other cards in the set, like the Karakuris or some of the stand-alone Spells.

So, the best thing about Starstrike Blast is that it has some nice cards for everyone, but nothing is broken, which will keep the balanced meta that we have right now relatively the same. Quickdraw Plants and Lightsworn decks might become slightly more popular, but they're still not all that great.

This set helps my Scrap deck a little bit, with Scrap Twin Dragon. I hadn't really known it before, but Scrap Twin Dragon can help a lot. I might even find space for two of them in my Extra Deck.

It's quite lucky that nothing that I need is going to be too expensive. Scrap Twin Dragon won't cost more than $15, and I'm not exactly dying to get the other holos. Also, much of the stuff I want is Commons and Rares. The only thing I'm worried about is Formula Synchron, since it's really hyped right now. Still, it's a Rare, so it shouldn't be too hard to pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.