Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tournament Report 11/27/10

So, I was going to go with the Chaos Debris deck that's been on my channel recently, but that deck it terrible, like Quickdraw Plants. I tried a Karakuri deck, but the theme itself is terrible. Then, I was thinking about using a Monarch deck that will be featured on my channel next week sometime, but Monarchs are meh right now. I considered a Quickdraw Plants deck like dubkdad1's, but I realized that Quickdraw Plants are still bad. With all of the Gravekeeper's hype, I actually considered Gladiator Beasts. I eventually just went back to Scrap Anti-Stun, since I couldn't really figure out anything else. So yeah.

There weren't many people there today. There were only a few of the better duelists there, which made the tournament pretty easy...

Round 1: vs Six Samurai

-Duel 1: He gained too much advantage off of Gateway of the Six and kept drawing more Six Samurai to use with it.
-Duel 2: I don't remember much, but I just controlled the game and such. So yeah, I won.
-Duel 3: Same as Duel 2.

Round 2: vs Skill Drain

-Duel 1: He dropped Battle Fader when I attacked with Scrap Twin Dragon. On the next turn, I revived Scrap Golem with Monster Reborn, and used it to dump Scrap Goblin on his side of the field. I Normal Summoned Rai-Oh, and punched a mess load of damage through the Goblin. During Main Phase 2, I used Scrap Twin Dragon to bounce it to my hand and remove his Battle Fader. He scooped on my next turn.
-Duel 2: He Monster Reborned my Scrap Twin Dragon, and I kept drawing random Spells/Traps that were no help.
-Duel 3: He wasted half of his cards to summon Jinzo, and I just dropped Cyber Dragon to go for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. He wasn't too happy about that.

Round 3: vs Gravekeeper's

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He didn't use Royal Tribute, but he locked me down with Necrovalley and a bunch of Traps. It also didn't help that I stopped drawing Spells/Traps a few turns into the duel.
-Duel 2: This time, he did use Royal Tribute, taking my Effect Veiler and my Scrap Beast. It didn't matter much, though, since I was able to pull through with Nobleman of Extermination to remove our Bottomless Trap Holes and Rai-Oh (which I conveniently drew for my turn) backed by Forbidden Chalice to get over his Descendant. I basically controlled the duel from there.
-Duel 3: He used Royal Tribute, again, and I lost two Monsters, again. I was waiting behind an Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy his Necrovalley, but I had to waste it on his Zoma the Spirit; it was his only Monster at the moment, and I wanted to save my Banisher of the Radiance. I was so desperate that I had flipped Book of Moon to protect Banisher from Bottomless Trap Hole. He was so desperate that he used Solemn Judgment to destroy Banisher on its Flip Summon. But, I had just drawn Scrap Beast, so it was okay. I also drew into Zombie World a little after that, so I could get Necrovalley off the field. It also functioned as good fodder for Scrap Dragon, which I was able to summon against his Set Gravekeeper's Spy. I tried to destroy the Spy, but he used Effect Veiler to stop me. He used Book of Moon on my Scrap Dragon when it attacked, but I used Forbidden Chalice on the Spy when he Flip Summoned it. He was left in a terrible position, so I destroyed the Zombie World with Scrap Dragon to clear his Set back row, and he couldn't stop me from going for game.

Round 4: vs Machina Geartown

I was in the finals once again with Yugilo. He recorded the second and third duels, so they'll be up on his channel sometime tomorrow, I assume. As for the first duel, I just ran him through with Scraps and Rai-Oh, which he couldn't get over. I won't ruin the result of the match, but we split the store credit.

Using that, I ended up getting a Shooting Star Dragon tin, but I didn't pull anything worthwhile. The Super Rare E-Hero Ocean and Stardust Dragon are nice, though.

The Turbo Pack 4 that I got was also lackluster. I pulled Swallow Flip, but I gave it to Yugilo since I didn't need it.

So yeah, good tournament today, but it wasn't all that challenging, besides Round 3. I would consider going on Sundays, where there are more and better players, but I would rather get store credit than a booster box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.