Thursday, November 11, 2010

Random Stuff #21

Storm of Ragnarok is out in the OCG, so everyone's going crazy over the True Six Samurai. I'll post on them later, once I actually see what they can do. I just have a feeling that they'll be terrible without Gateway, so I'm not going to hype them up too much, yet.

Being a TCG player, I'm more worried about (Quickdraw) Plants now that Starstrike Blast has been released. The deck isn't that good, but when it draws well, it wins. Kind of like Infernities, except better.

So, I'm going to be siding Zombie World and Vanity's Emptiness against them. They also work against Frog Monarchs, which may pick back up again, due to Formula Synchron.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to find a way to abuse Formula Synchron outside of (Quickdraw) Plants. I'm thinking about an Infernity engine with Dandylions or something. I just need to figure out some good Level 1 Tuners and non-Tuners that could work together. Usually, it's Glow-Up Bulb and Fluff Tokens, but I'd rather not play (Quickdraw) Plants. I do like the deck, it's just really susceptible to terrible hands.

Scrap Twin Dragon is a lot better than I thought. I might try to find room for a second one, but it doesn't seem like more than one is necessary for my Anti-Stun variant. It's too bad that my area is full of Stun decks. If it wasn't, I could actually play a faster Scrap variant.

Lastly, I've been thinking about running a deck with ten "draw 1" cards (Legacy of Yata Garasu, Jar of Greed, Upstart Goblin, and Pot of Duality). It essentially makes the deck 30 cards, but it can lag for a turn or two because a bunch of those "draw 1" cards are Traps. Either way, it would make the deck more consistent. I'm going to try it out and see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. If you wan't to abuse Formula synchron till the end I recommend the Deepsea King Coelacanth deck or a Flamvell heavy monster build with magical merchant

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's gateway in the OCG already -.- check your information well before posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous

    I know that Gateway of the Six was released in Extra Pack 3. I'm just saying that if they don't draw it, they won't be as crazy as people hype them up to be.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.