Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tournament Report 11/13/10

So, I took my Scrap Anti-Stun deck to locals, again. I'm trying to make it so that it's not Anti-Stun anymore, but the fact that half of the people at my locals play Stun makes that hard. Maybe after Starstrike Blast, I'll make the deck a little faster.

Speaking of which, this was the last week before Starstrike Blast is legal. So, I couldn't use my Scrap Twin Dragon, yet. But, it also meant that (Quickdraw) Plants didn't have Glow-Up Bulb and Formula Synchron. Even so, my first match was against...

Round 1: vs Quickdraw Plants

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He milled a bunch with Card Trooper, but it didn't help much against my Scrap Dragon.
-Duel 2: He top-decked Debris Dragon when I was at 2600 LP. He used Giant Trunade to clear my back row, then Synchro Summoned Black Rose Dragon using Debris Dragon and Dandylion, and Brionac, using Spore and the tokens. He switched my Scrap Goblin to Attack Position and attacked through it for game.
-Duel 3: Zombie World prevented him from using Lonefire Blossom or Caius, as planned. He finally got rid of it after Cyber Dragon beat him down to 2100 LP. Time was called, and he was down to his last turn. He dropped Lonefire Blossom, but Effect Veiler negated its effect (he tried to tribute a Fluff Token). He scooped, since his hand was Tytannial, Caius, Card Trooper, and some random Spell.

Round 2: vs Lightsworn

-Duel 1: He started with Charge of the Light Brigade, searching for Garoth, meaning that he had Lumina in hand. Sure enough, he summoned them both, milled a Wulf, and drew a card off of Garoth. I was able to hold him off with Scrap Goblin, Scrap Dragon, and Forbidden Chalice for a while, but he dropped Judgment Dragon and killed me. And he only had one card left in his deck, too...
-Duel 2: He drew badly, and I controlled the game with Scrap Dragon and Rai-Oh.
-Duel 3: Same as the previous duel, except he actually got to drop Judgment Dragon. It was okay, though, since I had Scrap Dragon out and a Bottomless Trap Hole Set.

Round 3: vs Scraps

This was the Scrap player from these videos.

-Duel 1: He dropped Scrap Dragon on the first turn with Summoner Monk. I tried to use Mind Control, but he used Scrapstorm. I Normal Summoned Scrap Beast, he used Bottomless Trap Hole, and I activated Scrapstorm. On my next turn, I Synchro Summoned Naturia Beast. "That's a slap to the face," he said, since his hand consisted of mostly Spells, including Giant Trunade, Monster Reborn, and Mind Control. I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon a little later to seal the game.
-Duel 2: He drew a bunch of Traps, and I had sided out my Anti-Stun cards. Moreover, I drew all Monsters, so I couldn't go on the offensive.
-Duel 3: I had control of the duel with Rai-Oh, but he dropped Gorz and Giant Trunade to get rid of it. Later, he dropped Tragoedia, and I had a tough time getting rid of the Goyo Guardian he Synchro Summoned. I had to waste a Book of Moon to turn it face-down and attack over it with Cyber Dragon. However, he Special Summoned his own Cyber Dragon to fuse for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. I got beat down by it for a few turns, but I finally top-decked Monster Reborn to steal his Goyo Guardian. Unfortunately, he he killed it with Divine Wrath, and top-decked Scrap Beast to take out the rest of my LP.

It was disappointing to lose, since I had been winning for the past few weeks. But, no one can win all the time. Besides, I still had a chance at some store credit.

Round 4: vs Watts

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I got killed by double Honest. I also drew pretty badly.
-Duel 2: I drew badly again, but I kept pushing through damage with Scrap Beast and Cyber Dragon. I was able to win without Synchros, which happens more often than you'd think.
-Duel 3: My hand was actually good, so I was able to mow him down with Scrap Dragons.

That ended up being the last round, so I went 3-1 and got 4th place. Because of that, I got enough store credit to get an Infernity Avenger and a pack of sleeves. I'm planning on making a deck with an Infernity engine, like I referenced to in my last post, so that's why I got the Avenger.

So yeah, today was pretty good. I was planning on getting a Shooting Star Dragon tin if I got 1st place, but that'll have to wait.

3 comments:

  1. A Watt deck?

    W8, if you were 2-1 then your opponent was 2-1 also!

    I wonder how he went so far with a Watt deck!XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaX

    It wasn't really a good or competitive Watt deck. It was a 52-card deck he put together somehow. There are plenty of newbies at my locals, so I would assume that he beat two of them to get his two wins. Oh, and he was paired down in Round 2, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.