Saturday, November 6, 2010

Starstrike Blast Sneak Preview... Preview

I stopped by the card shop to get some Starstrike Blast packs, and hopefully Scrap Twin Dragon(s).

Out of my packs, the holos I pulled were Karakuri Ninja mdl 339 "Sazank" and Power Giant. Sazank is nice, and I wouldn't mind keeping it. Power Giant was so prevalent from what I was seeing; half of the people I talked to had one. It's not surprising that the worst Ultra Rare in the set was the easiest to get...

I got a Scrap Searcher, Scrap Lube, and Scrap Soldier. They're nice to have, not that I plan on using them. I also pulled a decent amount of Karakuri stuff, so I might eventually make a Karakuri deck.

Apparently, only two people there pulled Scrap Twin Dragon. The person I saw who pulled it said that he needed it for his deck. Why are so many people playing Scraps now?

I was able to trade two Common Watt Monsters for a Vanity's Emptiness. That was pretty nice. No one even knows what it does, so no one knows how good it is, yet... I'm planning to use it in my Scrap deck when it becomes legal, so I'll see how that works out.

I was only there for about 15 minutes, so I didn't really do much. I'll be going there tomorrow with Aki, though. So, yeah.

4 comments:

  1. bellido's top a regional with scraps - everybody wants to run scraps lol

    vanity's emptiness + banisher / macrocosmos = :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael

    The thing is that everyone I see playing Scraps at my locals does it badly.

    I'm not planning on using Vanity's Emptiness with Macro Cosmos. It does work pretty well in Scraps, though. You can shut down your opponent's Special Summons for a turn, then play a Spell or something to destroy it.

    Or, if you have a Scrap (Twin) Dragon out and flip Vanity's Emptiness, your opponent will have a tough time getting through it. And, if they destroy the Dragon with an effect or something, you can still get its revival effect. The reason why is that Scrap Dragon's revival effect is mandatory, so even if Vanity's Emptiness is on the field, it activates. So you just have Scrap Dragon's effect activate as Chain Link 1 and Vanity's Emptiness self-destruction effect activate as Chain Link 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you sure you can choose the order in which vanity's emptiness and scrap dragon resolve? i personally dont know

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michael

    Unless it's ruled oddly, then you can choose. You can always choose the order of your effects if they activate at the same time (Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain) and they are both mandatory or optional.

    If one is mandatory and the other is optional, then the mandatory one has to be Chain Link 1, and the optional one can be Chain Link 2, if you choose to use it.

    Since both Scrap Dragon and Vanity's Emptiness have mandatory effects that would activate at the same time (when Scrap Dragon is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard), you can choose the order.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.