Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tournament Report 10/10/10

I went to locals today with the same Scrap deck as last week. Actually, it wasn't exactly the same. I took out Monster Gate for Gold Sarcophagus, and I changed one card in my Side Deck.

Either way, there were 36 people there today. Surprisingly, no one was playing Gladiator Beasts.

Round 1: vs Lightsworn

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. He also had Scrap Beasts and Scrap Chimeras tossed in.

-Duel 1: I drew garbage plus Gold Sarcophagus. I didn't even get the card I searched since he killed me so quickly.
-Duel 2: I forgot how I won. I'm pretty sure that it was just Scraps being awesome.
-Duel 3: He used Gorz on my Scrap Chimera, so then I Synchro Summoned Scrap Archfiend. I was then able to Tribute Summon Scrap Golem, dumping a Scrap Goblin on his side of the field. I attacked through it for game.

Round 2: vs Disaster Dragon

I didn't see much of his deck, so I'm just assuming that it was Disaster Dragon, as opposed to Hopeless Dragon.

-Duel 1: I Scrap Goblin into Scrap Golem'd him. That means I win.
-Duel 2: We were just sitting there for a long while. I was able to push through his back row, though, since I was sitting on a Solemn Judgment.

Round 3: vs Blackwings

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He used Pot of Duality to get Black Whirlwind. He played it, Set three back rows, and Normal Summoned Bora to get Kalut. He had another Bora to summon next turn, and I wasn't able to make a push with all the Traps in his back row. He dropped double Kalut in the end to kill me.
-Duel 2: I wasted all of his Traps, and he was just left with a Solidarity. I had a Monster and a Set Mirror Force, then he dropped Dark Armed Dragon. He destroyed my field, but I didn't mind. I played Smashing Ground to destroy Dark Armed Dragon and render Solidarity useless. Then, I was able to Synchro Summon Scrap Archfiend and attack. He was down to 2600 LP, but he topped Pot of Duality. It was worthless, though, since it revealed Shura, Solemn Judgment, and Book of Moon. He took Shura and Set it. I couldn't draw into any Monsters for a few turns, and all he drew was Monsters. Eventually, though, he ran out, so I was able to attack for game with Scrap Archfiend.
-Duel 3: I'm sitting behind a Snowman Eater and Mirror Force with a pretty good hand. He drops Blizzard into Goyo, then Dark Armed Dragon (again...) when I'm at 5100 LP. Yeah...

Round 4: vs Blackwings

Blackwings, again...

-Duel 1: He started with Pot of Duality to get Royal Oppression. Then, he activated Black Whirlwind then Normal Summoned Shura. With Black Whirlwind, he got Kalut, then Set two back rows. My hand was abysmal against his set-up, so I considered scooping so that I wouldn't show him what deck I was playing. I opted against it, but I was locked down by Royal Oppression for the whole duel, so I lost.
-Duel 2: Basically the same as duel 2, except without Royal Oppression, which meant that I was in a much better position. Snowman Eater kept his Monsters at bay, and I forced out a Solemn Judgment, which left his Solemn Warning dead. Because of it, I was able to push through to his last 1700 LP with Scrap Chimera.
-Duel 3: I forced out a Solemn Judgment by Synchro Summoning Scrap Dragon, but I revived Scrap Beast. However, he had Shura and Bora backed by a bunch of Traps, so I wasn't able to do anything about it. I tried to Synchro Summon through his back rows, but he forced out my Seven Tools of the Bandit, so I wasn't able to make my play.

There was going to be one more round, but I dropped so I could take videos. They'll be up around the middle of this week.

My luck may have been terrible during the tournament, but I was able to pick up some really nice cards at low prices, including an Ultimate Rare Scrap Dragon, a Scrap Chimera, and a Naturia Pineapple.

I was hoping that I'd be able to use this locals today to test for Regionals next week, but it didn't work out so well.

1 comment:

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.