Saturday, October 16, 2010

Regionals Report 10/16/10

As I said in my post yesterday, I decided to go to Regionals with Scrap Anti-Stun.

In the packs I received for entering, I pulled Scrap Dragon and Scrap Archfiend. I ended up trading the Scrap Dragon for two Scrap Chimeras. I also met up with vadangchoinga, and it turns out that he pulled a Pot of Duality.

Before the tournament started, I was able to trade for a third Ultimate Rare Scrap Dragon, so I could use an Ultimate Rare play-set.

Round 1: vs Scraps - OO
-I pulled off the Golem/Goblin combo in the first duel, and I ended up using XX-Saber Gottoms three times in one duel to discard a bunch of his cards.

Round 2: vs Flamvells - OO
-This guy's build was weird, since he ran Wattgiraffes. Regardless, I was able to Mind Control his Super-Nimble Mega Hamster and flip it to Special Summon my own Ryko. I also pushed through 3900 damage against his field of two Stardust Dragons and a Scrap Dragon to take the match.

Round 3: vs Absolute Zero (D-Hero variant) - OO
-He dropped me pretty low with Catastor and Absolute Zero, but I used Smashing Ground on AbZ and Special Summoned Cyber Dragon to fuse for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.

Round 4: vs Middle City - XOX
-This guy was playing that deck that used three Burden of the Mighty and King Tiger Wanghu. He kept drawing Monsters after I kept getting rid of them, which helped him win the match. Also, he started off with Royal Oppression all three games...

Round 5: vs Machina Gadgets - XOX
-My hand in the first duel was terrible, and he picked it apart with Spirit Reaper.

Round 6: vs E-Hero Stun - OXO
-This guy ran a mix between Gemini Stun and an Absolute Zero variant. I pushed through a bunch of damage with Scrap Dragon and Scrap Archfiend in the first and third games. He won the second duel by drawing a bunch of Traps and three Gemini Sparks to go with his multiple Neos Aliuses.

Round 7: vs Blackwings - XOX
-He won the first and third duels with Dark Armed Dragon. He was a really cool guy, though.

Round 8: vs Gladiator Beasts - OXO
-This guy was running the E-Hero (Prisma) variant with Gladiator Beast's Respite. That means that he had a minimal amount of Traps, which was good for me. He Torrential Tributed his own summon to destroy my Scrap Dragon, but I ended up reviving Scrap Beast to go for game on the next turn.

Round 9: vs Machina Gadgets - XOO
-He was running a Solidarity build with less Traps and more one-for-one removal Spells like Fissure, both of which were good for me. In the second and third duels, most of his hand consisted of Gadgets, which allowed me to beat him down with Scraps.

So, I ended up going 6-3, which is meh. I got 67th place, which was three away from winning packs. I didn't mind much, though, since it would have only been two packs.

I was able to do a lot of trading, getting lots of Duel Terminal cards, including Ally of Justice Decisive Armor, Locomotion R-Genex, Vindikite R-Genex, Gungnir, Naturia Barkion, and two Dragunity Phalanx! That means we'll be able to greatly improve the Dragunity deck as well as make a new Genex deck. I was also able to trade for other stuff like Goyo Guardian, Forbidden Chalice, and more Duel Terminals cards including Smashing Ground, D-Hero Malicious, a play-set of Worm Xex, and a third Genex Undine!

As for videos, I got about five duels between the Light Gemini Stun player from before and kisforkapono of YouTube. I'll be uploading them starting Monday.

So yeah, it was a pretty good Regional in general. I was able to trade stuff I didn't need, like Dark Grephers and Dark Simorghs, for amazing Duel Terminal Synchros. I also got to play against a wide variety of decks to test out my Scraps.

9 comments:

  1. Wait, you summoned Gottoms using a Scrap deck?

    And on top of that you used his effect 3 times?

    How?:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaX

    My opponent destroyed my Scrap Dragon with Ryko, milling Scrap Beast. That allowed me to revive my Scrap Golem. I then attacked his face-up Defense Position Scrap Goblin, and it was destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase. He declined to use its effect to return Scrap Beast to his hand, so I knew that he had Scrap Chimera.

    I revived Scrap Beast with my Scrap Golem and Synchro Summoned XX-Saber Gottoms. I tributed it for its own effect, but I hit a Scrap Golem. He had two cards left in hand, so I revived Gottoms with Monster Reborn and used its effect again, successfully hitting Scrap Chimera.

    After that, I Set Call of the Haunted, and I think you can guess at what I did from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sorta knew that you used Monster Reborn + Call of the Haunted for triple Gottoms spam. XD

    I want Phalanx, but I'm going have to wait until December I guess. That and I want Akyls to for Cyberdarks yeah~

    Finally gave on Dark Simorgh? I'm surprised, but eh. You should post the Scrap decklist you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ilikewater2009

    I was really surprised to be able to pick up two Dragunity Phalanx. I didn't expect to see any at all.

    I do really like Dark Simorgh, but it's not very useful this format. And, if I ever want to get some Dark Simorghs in the future, I can easily trade for them, since people don't use them.

    As for the Scrap deck list, I'm thinking about making a deck video, and actually including the Side Deck. I'm still thinking about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you really only lost to dad and oppression. i think 6-3 underrates how you did (could have been 8-1 :) good job. and lol at triple gottoms

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michael

    I didn't really lose solely to Royal Oppression in Round 4. I lost to it in the first duel, but I got rid of it in the second and third duels. In the second duel, I used Black Rose Dragon to try and destroy the field, and when he responded with Solemn Warning, I negated it with Seven Tools of the Bandit. That ended up destroying his face-down Oppression. In the third duel, I had a Mystical Space Typhoon for it, since he revealed it with Pot of Duality. I really lost the third game because he kept drawing Monsters when he needed them and I didn't.

    I did lose to Dark Armed Dragon when I played against Blackwings though. That was annoying. It's worse than losing against Judgment Dragon in Lightsworn, since Blackwings can only draw their one copy of Dark Armed, while Lightsworn can draw Judgment Dragon, get it with Gold Sarcophagus, or retrieve it from the Graveyard.

    I did get sacked on by Machina Gadgets in Round 5, though. That wasn't fun either.

    Regardless, that's all part of the game, and I wasn't too disappointed with my record. By the time the next Regional rolls around, my Scrap deck will be a lot better, and I'll be even more prepared for annoying Stun decks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you summoned black rose, and he used warning before oppression? lol wow... yeah i saw you lost round 5 too, but that seemed like a regular ygo game, compared to the other two

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Michael

    He might have thought that my Stardust Dragon would have been able to negate his Oppression. Or, he might not have wanted me to drop a Mystical Space Typhoon and ruin his plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFLMAOWTFOMGQQBB

    I forgot that Gottoms has no restriction about the tuner!

    Ok, I'm a freaking noob!

    Forget what I said on my previous post!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.