Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tournament Report 10/24/10

I didn't think I'd be able to go to locals today, but I ended up going anyway.

Of course, I went with my Scrap Anti-Stun deck. I took out the third Book of Moon for a second Forbidden Chalice. It worked out quite well.

Round 1: vs Anti-Meta

I don't know what to call my opponent's deck. I watched him duel a few matches before the tournament started, so I knew what he was running. Also, he was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He dropped Burden of the Mighty, but I didn't mind. I pushed through his defenses and won with multiple Scrap Dragons. I also topped a Monster Reborn right when I needed it.
-Duel 2: I don't remember how I won.

Round 2: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: I could tell that this guy wasn't very experienced with Blackwings when he tried to Normal Summon Sirocco on the first turn of the duel. I baited out all of his Traps and took control with Scrap Dragon. He bounced it with Blizzard, but I had a Scrap Chimera in hand to bring it back next turn.
-Duel 2: We were just Setting cards for a few turns. He finally attacked, I flipped Malevolent Catastrophe. He Chained Solemn Judgment, but I flipped Seven Tools. I later baited out a Solemn Warning with Ryko, and he was down to 400 LP. I destroyed his last Set card with Mystical Space Typhoon and flipped my bluffed Scrapyard for game.

Round 3: vs Machina Gadgets

I remember playing against this guy when he was playing Lightsworn, but I can't find the tournament report with him in it. Oh well.

-Duel 1: I took control with Scrap Dragon, destroying his back row. He just couldn't get rid of it.
-Duel 2: I lost in a few turns, since I drew pretty badly.
-Duel 3: I don't remember exactly how I won, but I'm pretty sure that I used Brionac to win.

Round 4: vs Machina Gadgets

-Duel 1: I took control with Scrap Dragon and Catastor. He also messed up with his Gadgets. He summoned Green Gadget, searching a Common Red Gadget, but he summoned a holo Red Gadget on the next turn, revealing to me his entire hand, essentially.
-Duel 2: I lost too much advantage and couldn't recover. Same as the second duel from the previous round.
-Duel 3: I summoned Rai-Oh first turn and Set a few back rows. He tried to Special Summon Machina Fortress, but I flipped Bottomless Trap Hole to remove it from play. From there, I attacked with that one Rai-Oh turn after turn to win. He couldn't get over it, basically.

So, I was undefeated going into the final round. Coincidentally, Yugilo was the other undefeated player. We agreed to the same split that we did a month ago. He had one of his friends record our match, so he's going to upload that sometime in the near future. Because of that, like last time, I won't spoil the result of the duel.

Either way, we each got half of a box of Duelist Revolution Special Editions. I pulled a few decent cards, including a seventh Scrap Chimera, a seventh Scrapyard, a third Ultimate Axon Kicker, and a second Psychic Nightmare. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I didn't need any of those cards. I also gave away the three Drill Warriors I pulled, since I already have five...

The most notable card out of those packs was POT OF DUALITY! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Now I can replace my Gold Sarcophagus with it. So yeah, that was a pretty good card to pull.

Overall, it was a really good day for me. I came to a realization about a huge weakness that Trap-heavy Machina Gadget decks have, and that helped quite a bit. Also, playing a pressure-free final round was nice. The only thing that wasn't good about today was the fact that I couldn't play any fun duels with my Genex Hero deck.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'm glad you finally got your Pot of Duality. I know you were talking about replacing it for Gold Sarc... how ever it is spell. lol. So here's my youtube if anyone wants to see it. Enjoy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwSlr9vydO8

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.