Monday, October 18, 2010

Random Stuff #19

It's been a while since I've done one of these.

With my shiny play-set of Genex Undines sitting on my desk in front of me, I can't help but think of ideas for a Genex deck for December. Why December? That's when the R-Genex become legal, so I'd be able to use my shiny new R-Genex Synchros. Right now, I'm thinking about another Genex/Hero hybrid. Using D-Hero Malicious gives access to Locomotion R-Genex, and that gives more synergy to the whole Hero engine. I'm not sure if Vindikite R-Genex is worth using, though.

Also, I can't wait for the new Scrap cards from Starstrike Blast. Scrap Searcher and Scrap Twin Dragon will be some nice support. I'll probably make my deck in a way so that I can abuse Scrap Searcher readily. As for Scrap Twin Dragon, I've decided that it's not all that important. It has a nice effect, but the current OCG ruling can be a hinderance, if people know it. Moreover, using its effect is usually a minus. However, I will use at least one so that I'll have another option in my Extra Deck.

Speaking of my Extra Deck, it's going to be extremely cramped once December rolls around. I'm planning on adding Ally of Justice Decisive Armor, Scrap Twin Dragon, Naturia Barkion, and possibly Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Scrap Beast + Snowman Eater) to my Extra Deck once Hidden Arsenal 3 is officially released. I can only think of taking out one card (one of two Scrap Archfiends), so I have no idea of how I'll be able to fit anything in there. I might have to take out Thought Ruler Archfiend and/or Stardust Dragon to make room...

I'm also trying to decide whether or not to include Decisive Armor in every Extra Deck like a Synchro staple, but I'm probably opting against it. It's only good against Lightsworn and Light Gemini Stun. Lightsworn decks aren't even good anymore, and Light Gemini Stun won't let you even summon it.

The Starstrike Blast Sneak Preview is three weeks away, or so. I can't wait to see what the exclusives are, since that's basically all the TCG players have to wait on. I hope that Scrap Mind Reader is going to be worth the cost of its inevitable rarity hike...

I'm thinking about making a deck profile for the Scrap Anti-Stun deck I used at Regionals. If I do make one, it would probably be up on Wednesday. I might even put my Side Deck in the video, but I'm still considering it. Since there are more people at my locals who are watching my videos now, it would give them a big advantage when they duel me...

Lastly, for a non-Yu-Gi-Oh-related thing, I just found out about Kirby's Epic Yarn yesterday. It looks really cool; it seems challenging even though the whole dying aspect of video gaming was taken out. I would have gone out an bought it yesterday, but I need to save my money for Starstrike Blast. I'm planning on buying two Scrap Twin Dragons, two Scrap Searchers, and maybe Scrap Mind Reader(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.