Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random Stuff #25

I've started collecting some janky cards because they're either cool or clever. For instance, Flamvell Grunika is an awesome-looking card, so I started collecting them. Terminal World is a clever reference to the Duel Terminals, so I'm also collecting that.

I'm also collecting Nordic Relic Gungnir. The main reason is that I could tell Aki that I got another Gungnir and see his face when I show it to him, but it's not a bad card in its own right.

There's also my hoarding Dragunity Knights. Of course, that has nothing to do with the fact that the Dragunity Structure Deck coming out next month will increase their prices...

The new Exceed Monsters have been revealed. They go in the Extra Deck and have Ranks instead of Levels. The card design is cool, but it kind of goes against the simplicity of the previous design, not that I care.

While knowing a little more about Exceed Monsters is nice, the main pieces of information I want are the rulings and mechanics behind them. Do the Monsters used as materials have to be face-up? Can we use Tokens? Does it matter if the Monsters are Tuners/non-Tuners? How are Ranks different from Levels? What's with those numbers in front of the names...?

The ban list is supposed to come out soon. It will be nice to start planning for next format. Hopefully Six Samurai decks will be weakened and Heavy Storm will come back. If Heavy Storm does indeed return, then a faster Scrap build might become viable.

Also, I'm going to be posting a Scrap Worms deck video later today, so watch out for that.

1 comment:

  1. An amazing blog. I liked the part about Nordi Relic Gungnir

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.