Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not the STOR Sneak Preview

So, even though every single card shop in my area ran out of Storm of Ragnarok packs, I just went to the usual card shop for fun.

First, I played the Duel Terminal. It only had cards from DT01 and DT02 in it, which is the first four Japanese Duel Terminals. It was still pretty good. The first card I pulled was Genex Controller, which was nice. Then, I pulled an AOJ Catastor, which allows me to sell my spare Secret Rare one to Katana, who is getting back into the game. The only other notable cards were Soul Exchange and Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

I also played a couple of Speed Duels. Both times, I scanned in Flamvell Grunika, Dragnov, and Guard, hoping to get a Flamvell deck, but I ended up getting a Dragon deck, which was much better than Flamvells.

The first Speed Duel was against Kiryu (Kalin). He started with Into the Void, then Set three Traps (so his back row was full) and Infernity Necromancer. I summoned Blizzard Dragon to freeze his Necromancer so he couldn't use its effect or Synchro with it. I held out like that for three turns, since his back row was full and he didn't play any other Monsters. During that time, I summoned two more Dragons, one of which was Mirage Dragon. Then, I tributed Flamvell Grunika for Strong Wind Dragon, allowing me to OTK.

The second Speed Duel was against Mokuba. He started with a Kaiser Sea Horse and a back row. I just Set Flamvell Guard. Then, he tributed for Blue-Eyes White Dragon, and I had to stall for a little while. I Destiny Scanned Reinforcements, then Special Summoned Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Special Summoning Mirage Dragon. I attacked Mokuba's Hunter Dragon after Setting Reinforcements. But then, he used Smashing Ground on it forcing me to Chain it to save my REDMD. He attacked the Mirage Dragon after Setting a Trap. I summoned Blizzard Dragon, freezing Blue-Eyes, then revived Flamvell Guard with REDMD's effect. I Synchro Summoned Catastor, but Mokuba stopped the attack with Negate Attack. But, he couldn't follow up, simple Setting another back row. I revived Mirage Dragon and went for game.

So, that was fun. Then, I went to duel some of the random people at the card shop. I was using the random Black Garden deck I discussed earlier. The first guy I dueled was playing Gladiator Beasts, but he wasn't that good. Regardless, I still lost because he had Cold Wave to break through my field, and he also summoned Gyzarus at least three times in a single duel. He just kept drawing the Bestiari...

The second match was against that guy's friend, who was playing Fableds. I just controlled him with Black Garden and beat him fairly easily. I played another match against him, and he switched to his Naturia deck. Same deal as with the Fableds, except it was slightly more difficult for me.

Then, I dueled against this one guy using a Frog Monarch-esque deck. Instead of using Monarchs, he used other Tribute Summon Monsters like Jinzo, Dark Dust Spirit, and Prime Material Dragon. He won the first duel thanks to Gorz, but I won the next two with Black Garden control and such.

After that, I dueled against my previous opponent's friend, who was using Six Samurai (he didn't have Kizans, though). I used my Scrap Worms deck for this, because we wanted the match to go faster. And that it did. He drew a bad hand in the first duel, and I capitalized with two Scrap Chimeras. In the second duel, I held out for a while with Worm Yagans and such, but he beat me down with Shi En and Grandmaster. The third duel was basically like the first duel, except that I wasted most of his resources early, leaving him top-decking against my Scrap Dragon and Set Solemn Warning.

After that, I decided to buy a Red Nova Dragon tin so that I could get a Hidden Arsenal pack. Unfortunately, I didn't pull any good cards at all, so all I really got from the tin was the promo cards.

So yeah, I'm just looking forward to the 1K tournament this upcoming weekend and such. And, I think that I'm going to stick with my Scrap Worms deck for now, because the Black Garden deck is too Stun-ish for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.