Monday, August 1, 2011

Generation Force

I should be used to this by now, but all of the good cards now have obscene rarities. I guess it's not completely horrible, though. There are enough good cards in this set to make it plausible that vendors can make a profit off of a box, meaning that prices might not be as high as people might expect.

Another upside is that very few of the cards are necessary to my deck. All I really need to get is a Steelswarm Roach, but it would be very helpful to have an Orient Dragon, just in case.

As for the less urgent stuff, there's the HERO cards. A V-HERO Trinity, E-HERO Nova Master, M-HERO Goka, a few M-HERO Vapors, a V-HERO Adoration, and three Mask Changes. Flash is lackluster, and A Hero Lives isn't really necessary for a HERO deck. It's more for Prisma Gladiator Beasts.

However, I'm not going to get any of that stuff until I get a box of GENF Special Edition, or at least a box of GENF. Getting a box will give me most of the Wind-Ups and Banish Fish cards that I'll need. Then, whatever HERO cards I may happen to pull will be subtracted from the list of HERO cards I need to get. They shouldn't be that hard to get, since people will realize that they aren't that amazing.

And, since the ban list is coming up soon, it'll be much easier to win some box tournaments. So, that's my plan for now. If all goes well, I won't have to waste any money past the price of a Steelswarm Roach, Orient Dragon, and tournament entry fees.

7 comments:

  1. Did you have a look at that Air Neos OTK?
    I just cannot find a way to overcome THREE Wrath of Neos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @petqwe

    Wow, I just saw a video of it, and it seems pretty cool. I was looking for a plausible way to play Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin, and it appears as though it could find a place in such a deck.

    I guess A Hero Lives is better than I thought... I wouldn't use it competitively, so I'm still not going to try any harder to get any TCG copies, but I could always use Aki's Japanese copies in duel videos in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh..i guess the zombie support isn't good is it?
    what deck do you think will benefit most from this set? i mean fich sort of but, ocg haven't done anytging with this set except for like one exceed that tyrs thing in d worlds
    idk this set isn't anything like duelist genesis according to ocg meta
    but tcg players are more innovative and we might get a fish deck that runs traps like oh fish and stuff who knows surely not ocg who play the same thing over and overglad to finally see rescue rabbit decks that top but not win sigh........i really wish they could drop their agents and bws and just innovate their decks with more cards from each set. it would help us tcg player predict the future alittle cuz we still have tcg exclusives that make game differing impacts cough.tengu.tourguide
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i just saw that dark world ocg deck grapha makes snow into stratos that searches once or even twice per turn why would they create this broken as hell deck?
    grapha can't die ver unless removed ughh....konami you idjits
    why ruin the meta with this much diversity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous #1

    The reason the OCG hasn't done much with this set is because there's not much to be done with Wind-Ups and Banish Fish. It's not that they're not innovative, it's that the set is lackluster.

    @Anonymous #2

    How does Grapha make Snow into a continuous search...? Unless you can recur Snow from the Graveyard, it's not going to be doing much except acting as fodder for Gate's effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, Zombies in GENF aren't gonna be that explosive; it seems Konami wants to promote HERO stuff now so why not combine something new and old. Good post, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well bruv I tink Der is sum muney cards in de set, but nuthin rally dat inturestsng. Danks bravva

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.