Friday, August 12, 2011

"Tournament" Report 8/12/11

I went to the smaller card shop for the Turbo Pack tournaments that they have every Friday night. Unfortunately, only one other person showed up, so there was no tournament today...

I had seen him before at the card shop I usually go to; he plays Infernities. We talked a little, and I had to disagree with a lot of his opinions... For instance, he thinks that Fusion Gate HEROes are going to be amazing once we get Great Tornado. I'm pretty skeptical...

He asked to duel, and we did. He used a T.G. Stun deck like the one that won Nationals or a YCS (I don't remember nor care which).

Giant Trunade helped me make a big push in the first duel, leading to my victory. I was able to gain some advantage in the second duel with a Scrapstorm play and such. So, I won that match, 2-0.

We played another match, and decided to use our Side Decks this time. I finally drew my Worms, and they helped ward off Reborn Tengu in the first duel of this match. I sided in Royal Decree and such, and drew Decree, Mystical Space Typhoon, Dust Tornado, Cyber Dragon, and two Worm Xex in my starting hand. I used MST and Dust Tornado before flipping Decree to make sure I hit his live back rows. I ended up hitting a Dark Bribe, and he didn't have another out to the Decree, so I won that duel, too. Scrap Twin Dragon just cleaned up his Monsters and pushed for game.

We unsided and played another match without siding. 2-0. Yeah. His own Royal Oppression locked him down (I had 1700 LP and he only had 775 LP), letting me prevent potential Synchro plays. Avenging Knight Parshath actually won me that duel.

I was worried about the T.G. match-up for nothing, apparently... The Forbidden Lances really did make a difference.

We talked a little bit afterwards, and I found out that he reads Valafar's blog and talks to him quite a bit about Infernities. But, based on how he had no idea what Scraps or Worms do or how to play against them, it's safe to assume that he doesn't read my blog. Eh, it doesn't really matter to me.

Either way, hopefully I'll actually be able to go to a tournament tomorrow or Sunday... Not being able to play in a tournament for two weeks straight would be sad, not that it really matters, with the ban list coming up and all. Eh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.