Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tournament Report 6/5/11

So, I went to a tournament today as well. Gotta practice for the Regional next week, I suppose.

Nothing special happened today. There were only 23 participants, but most of them were good players. So, it was nice to have a challenge.

Round 1: vs Hero Beat

This guy either didn't know his rulings, or was trying to cheat me. It's always hard to tell which, but he seemed to agree with my correct explanations. But, he did Set a Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, so I donno...

-Duel 1: He didn't draw many Monsters, so I beat him down with Reborn Tengu and Scrap Chimera.
-Duel 2: I drew all-Monsters, which can't get over Neos Alius and back rows.
-Duel 3: I kept control from the beginning of the duel with a Scrap Dragon and such. His only out was Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, but every time I summoned a Scrap Dragon, I recycled a Scrap Chimera to make another one if the first one got bounced. There wasn't much he could do, despite the fact that I never draw outs to Grand Mole. It's weird, since whenever I play against Hero Beat, they always draw their Grand Mole...

Round 2: vs Junk Doppel

-Duel 1: I swarmed with Scraps and locked him down with Solemn Warning.
-Duel 2: I dropped Brionac early on and kept bouncing the Monster he Set. After taking two direct attacks, he went for Gaia Knight using a Ryko he got with Call of the Haunted, a Special Summoned Doppelwarrior, and a Plaguespreader Zombie. I used Bottomless Trap Hole, then he revived Plaguespreader to Synchro Summon Armory Arm. It was useless, since I bounced the Armory Arm with Brionac's effect. I then summoned Effect Veiler so that I could bounce it with Zephyros and attack for game.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He opened United, Dojo, Kageki, Kagemusha. Draw two, activate another Dojo, Synchro Summon Shi En, Set two Double-Edged Sword Techniques. I Set Scrap Beast and Fiendish Chain. He flipped a Double-Edged Sword Technique to Synchro Summon another Shi En. Then, he used both Dojos to get a Hand and Shinai, tributing the Shinai to destroy my Set Scrap Beast and retrieve a Kageki. the second Sword Technique got him a Scrap Dragon, which I used Fiendish Chain on. He tried to negate with Shi En, and I Chained Effect Veiler. I took 5000 damage from the Shi Ens, but he didn't have any back rows. I summoned Scrap Chimera to Synchro Summon my own Scrap Dragon, running over a Shi En. He summoned the Kageki and ended. I summoned Reborn Tengu and crashed it into the Kageki, getting another one, then ran over the Shi En with Scrap Dragon. I then destroyed the Scrap Dragon with mine's effect, and he couldn't retaliate. He did Synchro Summon Brionac, but I had Effect Veiler, so it didn't matter.
-Duel 2: He summoned Kagemusha and activated Asceticism to get Elder from his deck. That made Shi En, and Double-Edged Sword Technique made a Naturia Beast. I didn't have the cards to deal with that, so I lost.
-Duel 3: I opened with Scrap Orthros, Scrap Goblin, Scrapstorm, Reborn Tengu, Royal Decree, and Fiendish Chain, so I could've made a quick Scrap play, but I decided to Set Goblin and the Traps. He went for Trishula with Kageki, Kagemusha, and Kizan. I used Fiendish Chain to negate it, and he Set two back rows. Royal Decree locked them down in the End Phase. I summoned Reborn Tengu, flipped Scrap Goblin, Special Summoned Scrap Orthros to destroy Scrap Goblin. Orthros and Tengu made Scrap Dragon, and I destroyed the Fiendish Chain and his Set Double-Edged Sword Technique after I got my second Reborn Tengu. I attacked and Set Book of Moon. His last hope was the Mizuho/Shinai combo he searched with two Shien's Smoke Signals, but I used the Book on the one he Normal Summoned, and he scooped.

After this round, there were three undefeated players, including myself. We agreed to a three-way split, with the winner choosing which box to get.

Round 4: vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

Round 5: vs Disaster Dragon

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

Yugilo recorded both of these matches, so they should be up on his channel soon. I don't mind spoiling the result of these matches because I always beat these guys. 2-0 both rounds. Granted, my Round 5 opponent drew horribly in the second duel. Either way, that's what happens when you play Dragons.

Anyway, we split a box of Extreme Victory. It was barely a split, though, since I pulled six holos in my eight packs. They were: Naturia Eggplant, Debunk, T.G. Cyber Magician, T.G. Power Gladiator, an Ultimate Rare Life Stream Dragon, and the Secret Rare Gladiator Taming. Quite nice. Most of it is just trade bait, though.

So yeah, Zephyros was pretty handy today, but Fiendish Chain yet again proved its worth. Forbidden Lance hasn't really done much. I might drop it from the deck or replace it with some other tech card. Then again, I can't think of any other card to put in, so yeah...

7 comments:

  1. Keep your hands on that Debunk!

    You will need it once Dark World hit the TCG!


    So, what are your thoughts about Safe Zone in Scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaX

    Is Debunk really that good against Dark Worlds? I would expect Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror to be better, since it can be Chained to Dark World Lightning and such...

    As for Safe Zone, it really only protects against destruction effects, and I don't mind if my Scrap Dragons get destroyed. And, if I were to use a card with that type of destruction effect, Pole Position would be a better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhhmmm...true, Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror sounds better against Dark World, although debunk can be used against many other decks!XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MaX

    Well, Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror could be used against Vayu Turbo and Gravekeeper's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but with safe zone.... you can select an attack position monster including ur opponent's monster???? wouldn't it be a perfect combo? its a 1 for 2 correct??? its also good for your own monsters......

    ReplyDelete
  6. and i also just realized that i almost said the same exact thing it said on the wikia page 0-0 .....didn't expect that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bluejacket8994

    When you already have a Scrap Dragon out, there's really no point. Playing cards that work solely with Scrap Dragon is pointless, since they would be "win more" cards and would be useless otherwise. Safe Zone may have other uses, but it is still too situational for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.