Monday, June 20, 2011

Lost Sanctuary Structure Deck

Even though Kristya wasn't in there, it's still a pretty solid product. The deck, I mean, not the packaging. Seriously, a plastic bag and a piece of cardboard...? I'm not expecting the nice plastic packaging from the Warrior's Strike Structure Deck, but I would like something a little better than some random piece of janky cardboard. I usually store the extra cards and stuff back in the box, but I wouldn't have been able to do that had I not had some of the plastic packaging from Special Edition packs lying around.

Anyway, I made a fairly decent deck just using cards from the Structure Deck and other Commons, not counting the Extra Deck. It doesn't seem too bad. It actually could be something I might use competitively during the Librarian format (side into Herald of Orange/Green Light).

For my variant, I went with the Sanctuary in the Sky build. Zeradias, Herald of Heaven provides fodder for Master Hyperion and serves as a beater when I have the Sanctuary out. Having the Sanctuary also helps in the Gravekeeper's, Dragunity, and the upcoming Dark World match-ups. Those decks kind of died, but I still see people play them now and then.

Sanctuary also opens up the use of Divine Punishment, which is a great Counter Trap. Negating practically any effect at a negligible cost is really nice in a format where everyone is using Counter Traps. It's always fun to negate a Solemn Warning/Judgment for no cost and laugh at your opponent, which is part of the reason why I liked Koa'ki Meiru so much...

So yeah, some of the more random choices I decided on were Gellenduo (it's Common in Duel Terminal 5) and Junk Synchron. There is over an 80% chance to get access to a Mystical Shine Ball in your starting hand. I think that's a high enough number to warrant two Junk Synchrons. As for Gellenduo, I saw Yusei JB playing it in his version, and it seemed like a good choice. Combos well with Sanctuary, and provides a "double tribute" for Hyperion.

Anyway, here's the deck list:

Monsters: (20)

Master Hyperion x3
Zeradias, Herald of Heaven x3
The Agent of Miracles - Jupiter
Gellenduo
The Agent of Creation - Venus x3
Junk Synchron x2
Honest
The Agent of Mystery - Earth x3
Mystical Shine Ball x3

Spells: (12)

Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Mind Control
Book of Moon
The Sanctuary in the Sky x3
Cards from the Sky x2

Traps: (8)

Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgment
Divine Punishment x3

Extra Deck: (15)

Ally of Justice Decisive Armor
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Scrap Dragon
Thought Ruler Archfiend
Junk Destroyer
Stardust Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Ancient Fairy Dragon
Ancient Sacred Wyvern
Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Magical Android
Junk Warrior
Ally of Justice Catastor
Armory Arm

The deck is just for fun, so there are no Kristya or Pot of Duality, not that I have either of those. Anyway, I'm still working on it, so any suggestions are appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I love your idea with the 2x Junk Synchron and putting 1x Junk Warrior and 1x Junk Destroyer. I love Junk Destroyer. I'm going to take my Genex Ally Birdman out and find 2x Junk Synchron. Hey, I'm going to use some of your ideas, thanks. I'm glad you made this deck. I was running out of ideas to modify my build, but I love this build cause I get those mytical shine balls out almost or always first or second turn. Oh yeah, and your Ally of Justice Decisive Armor idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yugilo

    You don't necessarily have to drop Genex Ally Birdman from the deck. It still works well with Venus and Earth, so it's still worth running.

    If you need room or something, then I guess that it could be okay to drop Birdman because of how combo-based it is, but it's not a bad card.

    I'm actually watching your deck video right now. You should probably drop the third Cards from the Sky instead of the Birdman. Cards from the Sky is often a dead draw; I think that it works best when you have Pot of Duality, which is why I'm only using two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about return from a different dimension. Might help with your rfg plays

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    It seems somewhat situational, but I was thinking about putting those sorts of cards in the deck. I'll probably drop the whole Sanctuary concept.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.