Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blackwings

Buying a box of DP Crow and getting all of the nice-looking Rare Blackwings kind of makes me want to play a Blackwing deck or something.

The main problem with that is that I don't want to play straight Blackwings. Blackwings aren't very good to begin with, and mixing them with another theme would most likely weaken them. But, it'll probably be a fun deck, so it doesn't matter much.

Even so, I can't really decide on a variant I want to try out.

The best I've got is some Worm variant. Using Honest, Kalut, Icarus Attack, and Offering to the Snake Deity all in one deck should prove to be quite annoying. There's also the fact that I could use both Chaos Sorcerer and Genex Ally Birdman. I'd just have to figure out how all of it would work together...

Well, the deck would probably work well with Xyz Monsters, so I might just wait on that.

Speaking of which, shouldn't Xyz have helped (Whirlwind) Blackwings a lot? I mean, they could easily drop a Shura and Bora for a Steelswarm Roach lockdown... Or Shura into Kochi for the same thing. Hmm, that might be annoying in the future...

3 comments:

  1. Ah Blackwings. I am not so sure about the Worm thing, sounds like it could draw some really terrible hands. But on the subject, your old Vayu Turbo works reasonably well with the Tengu + Ally Genex Birdman engine added in, its something I have tryed.

    But thats a Vayu deck, not a blackwing deck. How about a Blackwing deck trying to use Shura + Gale simply as a Black Rose producing method, with some sort of Pot of Avarice engine to back it? Tengu makes Avarice pretty much playable in anything, Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kamatari

    Yes, the Worm deck might draw terrible hands, which is why I don't want to necessarily go with it. I'm still looking for another alternative.

    I don't think that Black Rose Dragon would be necessary if I was already able to get an attack through and destroy a Monster with Shura...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not necessarily searching Gale with Shura, Gale Special Summons itself of course. Adding a few ways to search it could make pretty easy Black rose summons. I have been having a bit of success with Tour Guide from the Underworld into Sangan in other decks. Then maybe adding a few Dark Eruptions..

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.