Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tournament Report 10/1/11

So, as usual, I went to locals today with my T.G. Zombies. I didn't have the time to change anything in the deck, so I just went the same build as last weekend.

There were 23 players there, and at least half of them were regulars, so that was good.

Round 1: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He Set two back rows, activated United and Dojo, then summoned Kizan. I took the Kizan with Mind Control and Synchro Summoned Gaia Knight using it and my previously Set X-Saber Pashuul. I killed him over the next few turns with that Gaia Knight, since he didn't draw any more Monsters.
-Duel 2: I held onto my Torrential Tribute until he dumped his whole hand onto the field, letting me kill four Monsters, leaving him with no cards. I ended up making a Gaia Knight again and killing him with it.

Round 2: vs Chaos Zombies

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He was forced to use Solemn Judgment on my Creature Swap, and I was able to push through a bunch of damage with Reborn Tengu. Another Creature Swap ended up winning me the game, taking his only card, Gaia Knight, and giving him my Effect Veiler.
-Duel 2: He drew a pretty bad hand, with something like Dark Armed Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Cyber Dragon, Reborn Tengu, and two Effect Veilers. I made a random Brionac play to get rid of all of his Reborn Tengus in one turn, and also letting me draw two cards off of Maxx "C". He wasted Cyber Dragon and Effect Veiler to make a Gaia Knight and run over my Brionac. But, I Creature Swapped him my Goblin Zombie for his Gaia Knight. He ended up taking it back with his Creature Swap, but I made a Catastor with Striker and Sangan to kill it. I ended up making a Revived King Ha Des next turn to lock him out of the game.

Round 3: vs Newbie Agent Fairies

I had to play against a little kid using three Lost Sanctuary Structure Decks smashed together. He didn't show much skill, but he remained pretty composed, so that was pretty good; he appeared to have the potential to become a better player. Regardless, it was a 2-0. I beat him in the first game with Trishula and general control tactics, and I won the second game with Ally of Justice Decisive Armor.

Round 4: vs Lightsworn

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. I offered to split, but the difference between the 1st and 2nd place prizes were so small that we just decided to play for it.

-Duel 1: He opened with Trap Dustshoot, returning my T.G. Rush Rhino to the deck. He saw that I had an Effect Veiler, so he held back on his big plays until he could bait it out. Unfortunately for him, I'm not stupid, so I saved my Veiler for his Black Rose Dragon. And when he dropped his Judgment Dragon, I killed it with Bottomless Trap Hole. Unfortunately, we were both top-decking after that, and he drew into another Judgment Dragon.
-Duel 2: I made a Steelswarm Roach, but he milled a Wulf off of his Glow-Up Bulb to run over my Roach. Then, he made a T.G. Hyper Librarian. I had to make a Gaia Knight to run it over. He then kept summoning Lightsworn Monsters to get four names into the Graveyard, but I kept his Graveyard in check with D.D. Crow. Then, I traded out my Gaia Knight for a Colossal Fighter using Plaguespreader Zombie. With five total Warriors in the Graveyard, he would be unable to get over it with Judgment Dragon, and I had two Effect Veilers to protect it from effects. He dropped a Chaos Sorcerer, but one Effect Veiler stopped its effect. He then used his last card, Dark Hole, to clear the field. After that, I slowly built up my resources, eventually making a Catastor. He ended up summoning a Judgment Dragon with three cards left in his deck, but Light-Imprisoning Mirror protected my field. In his End Phase, I destroyed my Imprisoning Mirror with Mystical Space Typhoon to force him to mill out. It was hysterical.
-Duel 3: He opened with Charge of the Light Brigade, milling Lyla, Mind Crush, and some Spell to get his Lumina. He summoned it and pitched Wulf to revive Lyla, but I had my D.D. Crow to banish it. He Set Trap Dustshoot, then milled three Spells/Traps in his End Phase. The Dustshoot didn't matter, since my hand was: Call of the Haunted, Creature Swap, Pot of Duality, T.G. Warwolf, and Goblin Zombie. He returned the latter to my deck, and I used Duality to grab Thunder King Rai-Oh. I summoned it and attacked over Lumina. Then, I set Call of the Haunted and ended my turn. He Special Summoned Wulf with Foolish Burial and attacked over my Rai-Oh. Then, he Set a Monster. I summoned the Goblin Zombie I drew and ran over his Set Glow-Up Bulb. Then, I Creature Swapped him my Zombie, then revived Rai-Oh with Call of the Haunted. I overlaid my Rai-Oh and his Wulf for Steelswarm Roach. He Set a Monster and switched the Goblin Zombie to Defense Position. I summoned another Goblin Zombie and ran over the one under his control, searching Zombie Master. Then, I ran over his Necro Gardna with Roach. He Set a back row, and I flipped Reinforce Truth in his End Phase to Special Summoned Pashuul. I also Special Summoned T.G. Warwolf, then made Trishula with Pashuul, Warwolf, and Goblin Zombie. Trishula got destroyed by his Solemn Judgment, but I searched out Mezuki. I didn't attack that turn, fearing Gorz, but I attacked next turn with Mezuki, and he didn't have the Gorz. He had to block Roach's attack with Necro Gardna, as he only had 1850 LP. He drew more dead cards (like Solemn Warnings), and couldn't get rid of the Roach, so he died.

So I went undefeated and got 1st place. With the store credit, I got an Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon. Now I have Tiras and Adreus, in case I decide to ever use Rank 5 Xyz Monsters. Unfortunately, my Turbo Pack 6 was bad. Oh well.

So yeah, I guess that my deck is as ready as it will be for the Regional next weekend. It's nice to know that I can beat Lightsworn fairly consistently. After that, I might switch to Dark Worlds, we'll see...

5 comments:

  1. Hot damn!

    Your T.G. Zombie deck with the teched Reinforce Truth, so far sounds awesome!

    Must....resist....netdecking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely random, but...how do you think sabers are doing in this format? the darksoul ruling seems to hit the sabers harder than i thought, or the deck seems a little slow this format idk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous

    Eh, they're doing okay, I suppose. They're a little too slow to do much against faster decks like Lightsworn, Agent Fairies, and, soon, Dark Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when's the next tournament youre going to, do you know? I heard youre good from ppl there, but i never seem to run in to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous

    I generally go to locals on Saturdays now, but I won't be there tomorrow. There's a Regional in my area that I'll be at tomorrow. In fact, seeing as how the location of that Regional is so close to locals, expect very few people to attend locals tomorrow.

    But, not many of the people who go to my locals know that I have this blog. Only vadangchoinga, Yugilo, and his friends know, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.