Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tournament Report 10/15/11

As usual, I went to locals with my T.G. Zombies. I haven't changed the deck in like a month, so yeah...

When I first got there, there were very few of the decent regulars to be seen. Most of them arrived right before the tournament started, though, so that was good. There ended up being about 24 players, with half of them being decent players.

Round 1: vs Newbie Gravekeeper's

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament. I won fairly easily, as she didn't play mass back row.

Round 2: vs Lightsworn

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I played around Trap Dustshoot and Mind Crush, and while doing that, I also kept him from getting names into the Graveyard (Bottomless on Lyla, Creature Swap his Celestia, etc.) until I had a way to deal with his boss Monsters. I basically forced him to drop his Judgment Dragon, then took it with another Creature Swap.
-Duel 2: I made a Steelswarm Roach early on, since I had the cards to protect it. Then, he ended up milling Dark Hole, so I dumped my hand onto the field, leaving me with Brionac, Flamvell Uruquizas, my third Reborn Tengu, and of course, the Steelswarm Roach. He made a desperate Celestia play using Plaguespreader Zombie as the tribute to run over my Roach, but I Mind Controlled the Black Luster Soldier he ended up dropping to banish his Celestia and take the game.

Round 3: vs Gate HEROes

I knew that this guy was a good player, as I had played against him before. I'm just to lazy to go back and find out when.

-Duel 1: He stalled for a bit with Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, but I stole it with Creature Swap and made a Catastor with it and T.G. Striker, but Catastor got banished by Bottomless Trap Hole. I made a Trishula soon after to deal with his The Shining, but he then made an E-HERO Absolute Zero with his second Fusion Gate (I MST'd the first) to kill my Trishula. I made a Brionac play with Striker and Goblin Zombie, searching Mezuki to bounce the AbZ. Mezuki revived Spirit Reaper to rip the Miracle Fusion out of his hand, leaving him with only his Fusion Gate. I wasn't able to capitalize, though, and he built his field back up. It didn't matter, though, since he was low on LP, so I Creature Swapped him my Effect Veiler to push through it for game.
-Duel 2: I drew one Monster, Plaguespreader Zombie, which got sent back with Trap Dustshoot. He then beat me down with a The Shining over three turns, since I didn't draw any other Monsters or Traps that could deal with it.
-Duel 3: He made a Nova Master on his first turn to get over my Reborn Tengu and draw a card. I summoned the other Tengu in my hand so that I could make a Utopia, but he used Mind Crush, expecting me to use Creature Swap. He missed, though, seeing my hand of T.G. Striker, Gorz, Monster Reborn, and Mezuki. He randomly discarded Banisher of the Radiance to complete Mind Crush's effect, then I made my Utopia to stall. He made The Shining to try and force out both of Utopia's negations, but he attacked with The Shining first, which I let through. Fearing the Gorz he knew I had, he didn't attack with Nova Master. So, I made Trishula with Striker, Mezuki, and his Banisher, courtesy of Monster Reborn. That let me run through his two Monsters, and he had to play Dark Hole on the following turn. He stalled for a bit with Grand Mole, but kept gaining advantage with my floaters and just made a big push with Brionac to wipe out the rest of his LP.

Round 4: vs Stun

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He didn't draw many of his Traps, and I was able to gain advantage with Spirit Reaper and Trishula.
-Duel 2: I drew all Monsters and lost to his Dimensional Fissure, Wanghu, and Rai-Oh.
-Duel 3: I drew mostly Monsters again, but I drew a decently consistent flow of Monster removal Spells/Traps to deal with his threats. So, I forced the game into a top-decking war. I drew Goblin Zombie, he drew Rai-Oh, so I lost. It was an enjoyable duel, though.

Round 5: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. He and my Round 1 opponent from this tournament adamantly stick to Six Samurai, in case you didn't notice. Neither of them use what you would call an optimal build, but they're at least somewhat decent.

-Duel 1: I Duality'd into Bottomless Trap Hole (over Dark Hole and Heavy Storm; I needed some defense), then Set it, Mystical Space Typhoon, and a T.G. Rush Rhino. Quite an unorthodox opening, now that I think about it, but it was the best play at the time. He summoned Kageki, Shinai, Kizan, and Grandmaster, the latter of which I Bottomless'd. He attacked with his three Samurai, and I searched Striker in the End Phase. I made a Creature Swap play to get a non-Tuner (I drew Plaguespreader, and I didn't want to waste Zombie Master), giving him my Striker. I attacked over it with Shinai, then Synchro Summoned Catastor in Main Phase 2. I searched Warwolf and ended. He played Solidarity and Set a back row, which I destroyed with my MST (it was Musakani Magatama). I summoned the Warwolf, then attacked Kizan with Catastor, then Kageki with Warwolf. He summoned Shinai and Grandmaster, attacking Warwolf with Grandmaster. I searched Striker, then drew Goblin Zombie on my turn. I used Zombie Master, Goblin Zombie, and Plaguespreader (I sent Striker back to my deck) to make Decisive Armor and searched another Goblin Zombie. Decisive Armor got over Grandmaster, and Catastor killed Shinai. He couldn't draw anything, so I killed him with Decisive Armor over the next two turns.
-Duel 2: He played Dojo, Shinai, and Mizuho. When he activated Dojo's effect, I Chained Maxx "C". He stopped after completing Dojo's effect, Special Summoning Kagemusha. I didn't have a follow-up, so I just sat there for a turn, letting my field get ripped apart by Mizuho. That exhausted all of his cards, though, so I made a Brionac and bounced his Shi En, exhausting most of my cards. He dropped Kageki and Kagemusha, and I used my second Maxx "C". He had to give me two draws while making his Shi En and getting over my Brionac. I drew to three cards in hand against his Shi En and Set back row. I Set them all, and he used Double-Edge Sword Technique on his turn to get back Mizuho and Shinai. Mizuho's effect tried to destroy my Set Reinforce Truth, which I Chained, but it got negated by Shi En. He attacked with Mizuho, but I had my second Reinforce Truth to block with X-Saber Pashuul. He ended his turn, and I used Call of the Haunted to revive Brionac in the End Phase after Mizuho died. I used Mezuki to revive Goblin Zombie to tune it with Pashuul for Gaia Knight, searching another Goblin Zombie. I pitched the card I drew (MST) to bounce Shi En with Brionac's effect, then summoned the Goblin Zombie and attacked for game.

So, I went 4-1 and got 3rd place. I used my store credit to buy four Gemini Imps to go with the two that I already had. So, in case I decide not to use Dark Worlds next weekend, I'll have the Gemini Imps to side against them.

It was nice to play against so many regulars today; it's nice to have a challenge instead of playing against a string of newbs.

And, I was able to get my copies of Dragged Down into the Grave (not to mention that they're all mint, which is odd considering that it's such an old card). So I will be able to play Dark Worlds next weekend if I decide to. Regardless, I'd probably use them in some duel videos when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.