Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tournament Report 9/24/11

As usual, I went to locals today with my T.G. Zombies deck. I just changed a few Side Deck cards, such as adding Rai-Ohs and a second Chain Disappearance.

There were about twenty people there today. Not much else to talk about...

Round 1: vs Newbie Dragunities

-Duel 1: He used Dux to get Phalanx, then dropped Inferno Reckless Summon to enable him to make Red Nova Dragon. On my turn, I dropped Striker, Warwolf, and Tengu to make Trishula, removing the last card in his hand and his Dragon Ravine. Then, I Creature Swapped him my Tengu to take his Red Nova. Yeah, he couldn't do much top-decking.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw his Dragon Ravine, so he lost.

Round 2: vs The Deck Formerly Known as Tengu Plants

Seriously, there's only four Plants now. And, this was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I stopped his Sangan search by stealing it with Mind Control and overlaying it with my Spirit Reaper (after ripping a card out of his hand) for Leviair. After that died, I made a Revived King Ha Des, Steelswarm Roach, and Creature Swapped his Gachi Gachi Gantetsu. He didn't have the Dark Hole, so I won.
-Duel 2: I had complete control of the whole game. I had like four cards on him for most of the duel, and he couldn't do anything that I didn't have an answer to. I was holding an Effect Veiler, a D.D. Crow, and a Maxx "C" in my six-card hand, but I didn't even need to use them.

Round 3: vs Lightsworn

I was up against vadangchoinga this round. I would say that his deck is a Twilight deck, but he told me that he only ran one Chaos Sorcerer.

-Duel 1: I killed the first two Judgment Dragons, but died to Black Luster Soldier and its double attack.
-Duel 2: Trishula removed a bunch of his cards, and Rai-Oh protected me from his Chaos Sorcerer, since he forgot to summon Jain to run it over first.
-Duel 3: I attacked his Set Necro Gardna with Rai-Oh, then directly with T.G. Rush Rhino. He dropped Gorz and its Token. He summoned Glow-Up Bulb, and I was forced to use Torrential Tribute, as I had a Light-Imprisoning Mirror active. He used Monster Reincarnation to take back the Gorz. I just kept Setting Monsters to build up my field, and he kept passing to keep that Gorz live. I ended up making a Trishula, but I missed the Gorz, so I kept building up my field. After that, I made a Decisive Armor. He had drawn into a Wulf and a Judgment Dragon with only two Lightsworn in the Graveyard and 4150 LP. So, Decisive Armor's third effect would've killed him if he dropped Gorz (the Kaien Token is Light), but Decisive Armor's attack would've killed him if he didn't drop Gorz. Ally of Justice Decisive Armor is amazing.

Round 4: vs Stun

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. There were only three undefeated players left, so we agreed to a split. We assumed that the third undefeated player would lose this round, letting this be the finals.

-Duel 1: I got run over by Rai-Oh and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo. If it were one or the other, it'd be fine, but it had to be both. So, I lost this duel, but it didn't matter, since I side into anti-Stun...
-Duel 2: I drew all of my Mystical Space Typhoons to pick off his back rows as he Set them. Rai-Oh and Tengu were able to control the duel with that, and Trishula finished him off.
-Duel 3: I was able to control the duel with Monsters, slowly picking away at his LP. His Dimensional Fissure was pretty useless, since I didn't even use my Zombies.

Okay, so the third undefeated player, who was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament, ended up "winning" the previous round. In actuality, his Round 4 opponent gave him the win... So, I reluctantly decided to split with him...

Round 5: vs Watts

-Duel 1: I simply beat him down with Zombies, then dropped Trishula to finish him off.
-Duel 2: I build up my field while under Swords of Revealing Light so that I could OTK him after it wore off, using Trap Stun to stop his Rivalry of Warlords and Gozen Match.

That finals was a joke, since he didn't really deserve to be there. But, I guess that luck plays a huge factor in a children's card game like this...

Regardless, I got 1st place and some store credit, which I used to get a Generation Force: Special Edition pack, pulling a Spore, which I was going for. In the packs themselves, I pulled a Super Crashbug (Yugilo, you can have it if you decide to play Crashbugs again) and an Ultra Rare Wind-Up Zenmaister. It's really cool, but it's too bad I'll never find a use for it...

After the tournament, I hung out with vadangchoinga and another friend (my Round 3 opponent from this tournament). I arranged a trade with vadangchoinga, then played a match against my other friend.

In the first duel, I dropped Decisive Armor, but it got Veiled. On the next turn, he made a Black Rose Dragon to destroy the field, which left him with four Fairies in grave. That let him drop Kristya and get back Hyperion. Unfortunately for him, that Black Rose Dragon play got me two Goblin Zombie searches, which got me a Spirit Reaper and my third Goblin Zombie. Even worse for him is that I drew Pot of Duality for my turn, getting me a Creature Swap. With no other cards to deal with that, he scooped.

In the second duel, I made a Trishula, which got Veiled. Later in the duel, I made Decisive Armor. Since I had more than one card in my hand, I went through the unnecessary actions of making a Brionac using the extra cards in my hand before discarding the last card in my hand for Decisive Armor's third effect. He ended up having a Hyperion, Kristya, and Honest in hand with only 5900 LP left. Ally of Justice Decisive Armor is amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know why yugilo closed his channel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    I don't know for sure. Usually, when he gets tired of the game, he closes his channel. Then, he makes a new channel once he gets back into the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgive my ignorance, but why are t.g.'s so good this format? i understand lightsworns and chaos variants. but could you explain the T.G. engine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    It's not really T.G.'s that are great this format, it's Trishula.

    Decks using T.G. Striker, Warwolf, and some Level 4 Monsters have the ability to drop Trishula as early as the second turn of the duel, which is incredibly powerful.

    Last format, I never really got to use Trishula on anyone, but now that I've been using it for about a month, I can't even begin to describe how helpful and powerful it is. I mean, it banishes Agents, Sangan, Lightsworn, and Grapha (when it comes out), which deals a huge blow to those respective decks.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.