Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tournament Report 7/3/11

As stated at the end of the last post, I was able to go to another tournament this weekend. Pretty nice.

I went with my Scrap Worms deck, of course. There were quite a few people there; I think it was around 34 players.

EDIT: I forgot to talk about how I spent (wasted, really) a bunch of money on Duel Terminal 5 again. With Rescue Rabbit coming out, I thought that I should get play-sets of all of the Normal Gem-Knights, as I only had gotten a play-set of Garnet before. Unfortunately, I only pulled one more Sapphire, making two each of that and Tourmaline. I did get a Topaz and two Aquamarine, so that's not bad. I also got a third Gem-Knight Fusion and a third Gem Merchant.

Round 1: vs Lost Sanctuary Structure Deck

Right out of the box. Yeah, I won.

Round 2: vs Naturia

-Duel 1: I wasted my Dimensional Prison dealing with Tytannial, but then she dropped Naturia Beast, and I had no outs to it at all. I didn't even draw into Worm Yagan or Scrap Chimera...
-Duel 2: I controlled the duel pretty thoroughly from the beginning, getting a bunch of pluses off of killing wienies like Spore and Naturia Pumpkin in battle. Scrap Dragon finished it, of course.
-Duel 3: She started with a Set Dandylion and a couple back rows. Scrap Beast ran over the Dandylion, and I Set a few back rows. She Set Naturia Cliff and ended. I used Scrapstorm on my Scrap Beast to get Chimera to my hand. I Summoned it to revive the Beast and run over both of the Tokens and Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon, which got hit by Compulsory Evacuation Device. On her turn, she Tribute Summoned Naturia Bambooshoot and negated my Solemn Warning with Solemn Judgment. After the direct attack, we were both left at 4000 LP, and she Set another back row. I had another Chimera, so I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon and destroyed my Set Scrapstorm and the Bambooshoot to make sure it would be off of the field. Unfortunately, I attacked into a Dimensional Prison. She Set a Monster and ended. I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and Normal Summoned Scrap Goblin. That made Avenging Knight Parshath, which pierced through her Set Sangan for 2000 damage. Still in the Battle Phase, I revived Cyber Dragon with Call of the Haunted to go for game.

Round 3: vs Tour Guide Resonators

I was playing against Yugilo once again. He agreed to give me the win regardless of the result of the match, which was filmed for his channel.

Round 4: vs Stun

My opponent was someone who I saw practically every time I went to this card shop, but I don't remember ever facing him in a duel.

-Duel 1: He opened with Rai-Oh and five back rows. I opened with Forbidden Chalice, Fiendish Chain, Giant Trunade, Scrapstorm, Book of Moon, and Call of the Haunted. Yeah, I didn't draw a Monster for three turns, which was enough for him to kill me.
-Duel 2: I opened Worm Xex, Worm Yagan, Scrap Beast, Scrap Goblin, Mind Control, and Scrap Orthros. I made the Worm Xex play and Set Mind Control as a bluff. Worm Xex got killed by Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind, and he Set two back rows.. I Mind Control'd the Gale and Flip Summoned Worm Yagan, both of which died to Torrential Tribute. I Set another Worm Yagan, and the Scrapyard I drew as a bluff. He summoned D.D. Warrior Lady and used it to remove my Worm Yagan. I drew another Worm Xex (a little late, ya'know), and summoned it to thin my deck of the third one. It got removed by Dimensional Prison. He passed, I drew Scrap Chimera and summoned Scrap Beast to attack. He used Giant Trunade to clear my bluffed back row, then Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and Normal Summoned Banisher of the Radiance. They killed and removed my Scrap Beast, sadly. I Set back down my Scrapyard, the Seven Tools I just drew, and some Monster. He switched Cyber Dragon to Defense Position, then used Neo-Spacian Grand Mole to bounce my Monster. I summoned Scrap Chimera to run over the Cyber Dragon. He used Smashing Ground on the Chimera, then summoned Rai-Oh to go for game.

Wow, first duel: no Monsters; second duel: all-Monsters. Not fun.

Round 5: vs Newbie Debris Junk Doppel

The first thing this guy said when we sat down was "You're not allowed to use Japanese cards", which was in response to seeing my Soaring Eagle Above the Searing Land (紅蓮地帯を飛ぶ鷹) cards, which I used as Tokens. It was kind of annoying, since he had a Japanese Shooting Quasar Dragon on top of his Extra Deck for show as well. And, constantly, throughout the match, he kept trying to rush me. So, I played pretty coldly towards him. It also helped that I had the perfect hands to counter his hands. In the first duel, I controlled the game with Stardust Dragon (he tried to Black Rose while it was out...) and Scrap Dragon. In the second duel, I controlled the game with Stardust Dragon, and finished him off with Avenging Knight Parshath, piercing through his Dandylion and Fluff Tokens.

Anyway, I got a Hobby League Parallel Rare Nobleman of Crossout for having a 4-1 record; I gave it to Yugilo, since I didn't really need it. I also got nothing good out of the Turbo Pack 5 (Cyber Eltanin, ehh...).

I was able to meet one of the Anonymous people who read my blog. You know who you are. We talked for a while about Scraps and other such things, like Gem-Knights. So yeah, that was pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. Nice meeting you too Lightgrunty! I lost to your round 4 opponent as well, as he had a second turn royal oppression with 2 set warnings game 1, and I lost to his sided first turn d. fissure game 2. Hope to see you again Sunday, it was nice discussing sidedeck tech choices for this format!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    Likewise. And, also, if you have some extra Gem-Knight cards that you could trade, we could probably work out a trade for the Super Rare Laquari. I need a Sapphire, a Tourmaline, an Alexandrite, and two Gem-Armadillos. I'm also looking for Gladiator Beast Essedarii. So, if you have any of those to trade, just let me know and we can figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's up. I wish you would have won. Most of the winner are jackass. Video is out. Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWYkhy3UEc

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.