Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pokemon White Version

Before anyone complains, this is going to be a Pokemon post. So, if you don't care about Pokemon, don't feel obligated to read. There is some stuff pertaining to Yu-Gi-Oh at the end, though.

So, I've been playing Pokemon White in my spare time (basically whenever my DS isn't on the charger) recently. It's quite addictive.

My main problem with this new generation is how ugly and/or cheesy some of the new Pokemon are. I saw Pidove and Tranquill in the anime, and hoping that the third stage would turn out to be as cool as Staraptor, I made an effort to catch a Pidove and train it as early as I could. It turned out to be a pretty good tank as a Tranquill. I just gave it an Eviolite and had it learn Roost, so it could chip away at opponents with Air Cutter and Quick Attack while taking their attacks like a beast. But then, it evolved into an Unfezant... I found out that there's a gender difference between the two, but regardless, they're both so ugly... I might drop it from the team because it's just so horrible to look at...

I mean, there are plenty of good candidates. It would just have to fit in with the current team, which is:

Samurott (it's the least ugly of all of the starters)
Excadrill
Galvantula (it's like the Rotom of Gen V!)
Lilligant (it reminds me of the Jumpluff that I had in Pokemon Colosseum; probably because I gave it basically the same move-set)

And of course Unfezant is part of the team for now, along with an HM slave.

So yeah, I just need some Pokemon to fill its niche as a Flying type. I was thinking of using Emolga, but I have the awesome Galvantula as my Electric Pokemon. Besides, having to kill the two most annoying Emolga in the fourth gym was horrible. They kept Volt Switching, so I couldn't pin one down...

I wanted to use Braviary since I saw a picture of it before the game came out, but apparently you only get it right before the Elite Four. How silly. Conveniently, it learns Fly, Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash, so I could grab one to use as an HM slave for later. Then, I could get a Frillish to have Surf, Waterfall, Dive, and Flash. Yay, I guess.

So yeah, Galvantula is awesome. Having only two weaknesses is pretty good, and it has a cool type combination with a clever name. Joltik is also pretty neat, too. In the Chargestone Cave, I was basically catching every Joltik I ran into, since I want to have one for a competitive team after the game.

Let me finish by apologizing for the lack of Yu-Gi-Oh posts. There hasn't been much interesting going on recently that hasn't been done to death. Besides, I'm saving some of the more interesting topics for my STORM Monday videos. I've already got the next one planned out. It's going to be about a card in the new Starter Deck. I'd bet none of you could guess which one...

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple of Modest Joltiks that I have; idk there IVs, but I could check if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kamitsure

    It's okay. I've already got a Joltik with good IV's. I'm going to do all of the breeding and EV training after I finish the game, and I'm nowhere near there, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny since the reason I haven't been posting as often as I usually do is because of Pokemon White Version. I've already beaten the main story and all side-quests, but I enjoy playing on random Wi-Fi battles.

    There a site you might find useful. Most people use it to store event pokemon: http://www.pokecheck.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Iceman Hotty

    Ah, that seems like an interesting site. I'll look into it a little more once I finish the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilligant is an amazing grass type. Quiver Dance has to be one of the best stat raising moves in the game.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.