Friday, July 8, 2011

Random Stuff #32

More random stuff. Yay...?

I finished Okami and started Pokemon White. I bought it a few days ago, but opted not to start playing until I finished Okami. I was going to go to a tournament today, but not enough people showed up at the smaller card shop, so there was no tournament. I got two janky packs of Turbo Pack 4, and I also bought a Super Rare XX-Saber Boggart Knight for later.

I might be going to a tournament tomorrow with Aki, or possibly on Sunday. But, chances are I won't be able to go on either day. So, sorry to the Anonymous that I met there and also to Yugilo. I'll try to be there next weekend.

Seeing the surprising turnout of Machina Gadgets in the Singapore World Championship Qualifiers kind of makes me want to play Machina. Machina Fortress is a very good card, and I really like cards that I can Special Summon easily. I just hate it when my turn ends because my Normal Summon is interrupted. That was the appeal in the old Quickdraw-based deck that I used to use, despite its inconsistency.

I can't wait for Xyz to come out. Not only can I use them in my Scrap deck, but I've had a bunch of decks that I've wanted to use them in. Even with the two Xyz from the Starter Deck (Grenosaurus doesn't even count), they're so flexible that they can be used in a variety of different decks. It's too bad we have to wait for Nationals to be over before we can use them.

Of course, I can't not talk about the Pot of Duality reprint. I don't really care, since I didn't waste much money on DREV (I actually won a bunch of packs at locals, which is how I pulled the Pot of Duality that I traded for two Solemn Warnings). And, if Konami decides to do something silly like hit Pot of Duality on the ban list, we'll know before we invest money on the tins. Quite nice. I was going to get the tins anyway, since I wanted Leviathan Dragons and Wind-Up Zenmaisters (I've been looking into Wind-Ups, and they have potential); the additional promos are just extra incentive. It's kind of horrible that the North American tins have Hidden Arsenal 4 instead of Generation Force, but whatever.

2 comments:

  1. The only gripe I have with machina gadgets is that it sucks how it loses to one card (Cyber Dragon). Other than that, I think it's a fairly solid pick, seeing as Dimensional Prison and Bottomless Trap Hole, both being outs to Machina Fortress, have been seeing a downturn in play due to Reborn Tengu and Six Samurai respectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LFN

    Yeah, Cyber Dragon, Dimensional Prison, and Bottomless Trap Hole are reasons why I haven't played Machina. Maybe if Cyber Dragon weren't a problem, then Machina Fortress could be protected with Trap Stun, but Cyber Dragon just gets rid of it too easily.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.