Friday, September 16, 2011

Tournament Report 9/16/11

I ended up going to locals today since I won't be able to go tomorrow or Sunday. I took my T.G. Zombie deck, and I changed up the Side Deck a little bit since Regionals. I took out all three copies of Leeching the Light and made room for a couple Trap Stuns, since Trap-heavy decks are apparently still usable.

There were only 16 players there, but most of them were regulars, so that was good.

Round 1: vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I started with a Set Bottomless Trap Hole. He opened with Secutor, which poked me for 400 damage, and five back rows. He used Trap Dustshoot on my draw, and I lost my only real Monster, T.G. Striker. I just sat there taking 400 damage each turn for a few turns until he drew Laquari and summoned it. My Bottomless Trap Hole was negated by Dark Bribe, and he attacked with both of his Gladiators. Laquari tagged out for Bestiari, targeting my Set Mystical Space Typhoon, which destroyed his Set War Chariot. On my turn, I Special Summoned T.G. Striker and attacked over Secutor, then stole Bestiari with Mind Control to make Gaia Knight. He didn't have an out to it, so I beat him down over the next few turns to win.
-Duel 2: He opened with a Darius and a Set back row. I had Creature Swap, T.G. Striker, Goblin Zombie, Mind Control, Zombie Master, and a Dimensional Prison. So many options, but I decided to just run over the Darius with Zombie Master and Set Dimensional Prison, which removed the Rai-Oh he tried to attack with next turn. After that, I summoned and attacked with Spirit Reaper to rip a card out of his hand, then directly with Zombie Master. He summoned Gyzarus using A Hero Lives and Murmillo. It destroyed my Zombie Master, but got banished by Bottomless Trap Hole. He was able to make another Gyzarus on the following turn by tagging into Darius off of my Spirit Reaper to destroy the Spirit Reaper, but Creature Swap stole the Gyzarus and won the game from there.

Round 2: vs Fusion Gate HEROes

-Duel 1: She dropped The Shining on the first turn, but Brionac was able to bounce it and help me take control of the duel.
-Duel 2: I dropped Trishula on the second turn of the duel after a Heavy Storm to banish a bunch of her cards. She couldn't recover from that.

Round 3: vs Agent Fairies

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. I helped him with his deck before the tournament, so I knew what he was running.

-Duel 1: I went first and Set Call of the Haunted. He made the usual Venus play and Set a back row. I destroyed it with Mystical Space Typhoon, then dropped Trishula using Striker, Warwolf, and Goblin Zombie, searching another Goblin Zombie. Trishula removed the Venus, the Solemn Judgment in his Graveyard, and an Earth from his hand. On my next turn, I made Brionac using that Goblin Zombie and Call of the Haunted (reviving Striker), searching Mezuki and discarding it to bounce Gachi Gachi Gantetsu. He was left with four Fairies after that, but Bottomless Trap Hole dealt with his Kristya. He had no out to Brionac, so he scooped.
-Duel 2: I had to defend for a little bit, as he made the usual Venus play and was able to put pressure on me with it and Dimensional Alchemist. Brionac bounced the Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, but died to Honest. After taking a little more damage, I made a Decisive Armor using T.G. Striker and two Goblin Zombies (one Normal Summoned, one revived with Mezuki). After the searches, I used Monster Reborn on Brionac and discarded Plaguespreader Zombie to put Dimensional Alchemist back in his hand. I discarded the rest of my hand to see his hand with Decisive Armor's effect, discarding his Hyperion, Jupiter, and the Dimensional Alchemist I bounced before. With that, he had taken enough damage for me to be able to run over the Venus for game.

Round 4: vs Twilight

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament. This was the finals, but he had to leave, so we decided to split the prize.

So, I ended up going undefeated (technically, since I didn't play the last round), and split the prizes for 1st and 2nd. I ended up getting a Tiras, Keeper of Genesis. I didn't need anything else, so I thought that I might as well get a Rank 5 Xyz Monster.

Also, my Round 3 opponent ended up pulling a Super Rare Chain Disappearance, so I bought it from him at a good price. Now I'll have a second one for my Side Deck. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.