Monday, September 5, 2011

Tournament Report 9/5/11

There was a Labor Day tournament today, so I went with Aki. We were up until like 3:00 AM working on his deck and Side Deck, so I didn't have any time at all to change my deck since yesterday.

There were over 40 players, but a lot of them were newbs.

Round 1: vs Gravekeeper's

I haven't played against this guy before, but I knew that he was at least pretty good. He also knew that I was pretty successful with Scrap Worms, so yeah.

-Duel 1: I drew three Reborn Tengus and no Traps, so I couldn't do much against his Gravekeeper's backed by Necrovalley.
-Duel 2: General beatdown and anti-stun tactics were enough to win this duel. He didn't seem to draw many back rows.
-Duel 3: He opened with two back rows and a Breaker the Magical Warrior. I Set Plaguespreader Zombie and Creature Swapped it to him. With Breaker, I destroyed his Set Mystical Space Typhoon and attacked into Dimensional Prison. He didn't have Necrovalley, so he couldn't get over the Breaker with Gravekeeper's. From there, I was able to keep control with Rai-Ohs, Reborn Tengus, and two more Creature Swaps.

Round 2: vs Watts

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I drew all Traps, which were useless against his Watts, and Monsters that couldn't kill a Wattpheasant. My hand was that bad.
-Duel 2: I was able to destroy his back row with Ally of Justice Decisive Armor. It's good, especially since he would overextend with his back row without regard for Heavy Storm. I beat him down with Decisive Armor and Trishula to win.
-Duel 3: He had Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, Rivalry of Warlords, and Gozen Match all out at once. I didn't draw Heavy Storm or MST's, so I lost.

Round 3: vs Gladiator HEROes

Sadly, I was paired up against Aki. He had just played against Yugilo in the previous round, and I'm assuming that the videos will be up on Yugilo's channel soon. Anyways...

-Duel 1: He made a Utopia with two Gladiator Beast Darius. I traded him Sangan for that Utopia using Creature Swap. I was basically able to control the game from there.
-Duel 2: I beat him down with Reborn Tengu, and he drew no Monsters.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: I beat him down with the T.G. engine and Reborn Tengu, finishing him with a Trishula.
-Duel 2: He kept whittling down my LP while I ground down his card advantage. After I got him down to just a couple cards, I made a Utopia. Unfortunately, he had drawn Black Luster Soldier. My last card was Effect Veiler, which negated its removal effect. I topped Goblin Zombie and Set it. He removed Utopia with BLS and attacked my Goblin Zombie with a Bora, letting me search for Plaguespreader Zombie. I used Mezuki's effect to revive Goblin Zombie, then summoned the Plaguespreader to Synchro Summon Brionac and search Goblin Zombie. After a little consideration, I decided to send the Goblin Zombie back to the top of my deck to revive Plaguespreader and Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon. It destroyed my used Call of the Haunted and the BLS, then ran over the Bora. He flipped his bluffed Heavy Storm on his turn to destroy the Bottomless Trap Hole I Set, but he had no follow-up. Scrap Dragon was able to clean up the few cards he had left over the next few turns, allowing me to win.

Round 5: vs Hero Beat

I'm pretty sure that this was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament... By the way, he was paired down, and was one of the three remaining undefeated players. So, beating him would end the tournament, as the other two undefeated players would be playing for first place.

-Duel 1: I kept beating him down with Reborn Tengu and Creature Swaps. He didn't draw Gemini Sparks or other such things, so I was able to just beat him down. Not to mention that I was able to destroy his chances of winning with a late-game Trishula play...
-Duel 2: I drew no Monsters besides Gorz, which he had Traps and Gemini Sparks for, so I lost.
-Duel 3: I controlled him for a little bit with Thunder King Rai-Oh. After its usefulness had run out, I used it, Reborn Tengu, and X-Saber Pashuul to Synchro Summon Ally of Justice Decisive Armor. That destroyed his Set Snowman Eater with its effect and killed his Absolute Zero through battle, sacrificing itself in the process. Afterwards, he beat me down a little bit with a Stratos and a Crusader of Endymion, but I just revived the Decisive Armor and used its third effect, taking two Neos Alius out of his hand and burning him for 3800. The last card in his hand was Gorz, which was no help, and I won on my next turn.

So, I went 4-1, again, which is pretty good. My Turbo Pack 6 was bad, but Aki pulled the Ultimate Rare Dark Armed Dragon. He's going to try and sell it, since we aren't going to use it...

I'm pretty happy with how my deck is working so far, but I'd really rather play a different deck. The T.G. engine is great, and the Zombie engine is nice, but I don't think that there's enough room for the both of them in one deck. It just provides some difficulty when it comes to Side Decking, and also having to cut a bunch of cards from the Main Deck in the first place. So, I might want to change it up; we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. POST YOUR TG ZOMBIES DECKLIST ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Innocence

    I may post it later, but I'm going to be using it at a Regional next weekend if I don't figure out some other deck to use.

    Either way, I've talked quite a bit about the deck in various posts and comments on this blog. You should be able to piece together the deck, more or less, from that information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember there was a t.g zombie deck that got credit last banlist for topping a ycs, it was he same ycs which was won by a pure/plant zombie deck. If you haven't already seen it prehaps it could help you with your current engine in finding that balance. Goodluck otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    It wasn't really a T.G. Zombie deck; it was more of a Zombie deck that ran T.G. Striker for a quick Synchro.

    I don't really like that, since I like to be able to search and such. Not to mention that Warwolf sets up easy Trishula plays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo jaden here what do u thnk about chaos hunter tech it just shuts the meta down? it's not an out to krystia but an early chaos hunter could do it's toll on agnets and many other decks

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jaden

    It's a minus to summon, and is somewhat situational. If you're expecting to drop it after Venus summons Mystical Shine Balls, then they'll have enough Monsters out to Tribute Summon the Hyperion if they need to.

    Kycoo is better overall, but the best idea would be to find a card to stop the Venus play altogether. Chain Disappearance could remove all of the Mystical Shine Balls and prevent them from doing anything for the rest of the duel, essentially.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.