Friday, October 21, 2011

Random Stuff #37

I got my COSSY Top 1000 play mat earlier this week. It's the blue one, the one for the ranking period from July 2010 to August 2010. Yes, it's over a year behind. The coloring is also relatively dull, but it's nice to get free stuff, nonetheless.

So, I've been thinking about Dark Worlds a little more, and I realized that siding into Stun is a bad idea. It takes away the only power that the deck really has, which is Grapha. So, I'm thinking about siding against what others would side.

For instance, people might side Gemini Imps and D.D. Crow. Debunk deals with both of those, as well as many commonly played cards like Reborn Tengu, Glow-Up Bulb, Spore, Dandylion, Sangan, T.G.'s, and against opposing Dark Worlds. They could be siding other cards like Dimensional Prison and Crevice Into the Different Dimension. Trap Stun shuts those down (I've been looking for an excuse to start using my Duel Terminal Trap Stuns). Dimensional Fissure and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror are also expected Side Deck choices. Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter destroys them. Seems pretty good.

Honestly, I had forgotten about Ryko completely. And, now I see why people in the OCG used to play it, it deals with EVERYTHING, though I like it better as a Side Deck card.

So, the idea is that against slower decks that would most likely side in Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror and/or Dimensional Fissure, Ryko would be sided in. Against faster decks that would use drop-hand or Graveyard effects, Debunk goes in. Trap Stun can go in against anything, it just depends. With this siding scheme, I may have to side out Dragged Down into the Grave, as it conflicts with Ryko, so I may have to replace them with Dark World Dealings.

That is, except for the mirror match. I'd need to make a special Side Deck strategy for that deck. Crevice Into the Different Dimension seems good, but that's not exactly a strategy. We'll see how that turns out.

Also, using Dark Worlds, a deck that doesn't require much Extra Deck commitment, lets me side Super Polymerization against E-HEROes. I think that it would be pretty hilarious to use, since no one would expect it.

Now, I've run out of random things to talk about, so I'm going to go work on my Dark World deck.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad in our locals there is hardly any Hero Beat deck!

    I so would like to try Super Polymerization at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. plants u fool!
    i'm selling touguides for 140!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.