Saturday, October 8, 2011

Regionals Report 10/8/11

So, as stated in the previous post, there was a Regional today. I took my T.G. Zombie deck as it was, same as the past two weeks.

Before the tournament started, I got a Legendary Collection 2 pack...binder...thing... I got a Secret Rare Gallis the Star Beast, Banisher of the Radiance, and Necro Gardna. Notable Ultra Rares were Jain, Lightsworn Paladin and Light End Dragon. Not bad.

There ended up being 507 players, meaning that there would be nine rounds.

Round 1: vs T.G. Stun - OO
-I ended up making a T.G. Wonder Magician using his Warwolf and his Striker, courtesy of TG1-EM1 and Mind Control, respectively. He was pretty confused, seeing as how he had only seen Zombies and Tengu up to that point.

Round 2: vs Tour Guide Tengu Plants - OXO
-In the first game, I overextended like crazy to kill him before he could combo off, and it ended up working. I got combo'd off on in the second duel, and I held off his combos and won in time in the third game.

Round 3: vs Tour Guide Tengu Plants - XX
-I was playing against Robert Boyajian, whom I had played against four times before at locals over a year ago. In both games, Trap Dustshoot revealed to him my hand, and while my Monsters being sent back to the deck didn't hinder my strategy, him knowing my hand let him combo off knowing that I couldn't stop him.

Round 4: vs Infernities - XX
-I got looped in the first duel with Leviair and Mirage and such. I lost the second duel because I drew all of my combo-stopping cards, like Effect Veiler, D.D. Crow, and Maxx "C", but he drew a Stun-ish hand, despite not even siding into Stun...

Round 5 was a no show.

Round 6: vs Agent Fairies - OO
-This guy was kind of a newb, so it didn't take much to beat him...

Round 7: vs Disaster Dragon - OXO
-This was a very back and forth match, and it was fun. My opponent even said before the match that she didn't feel like playing, but after the match was over, she said that she felt much better. It was that fun.

Round 8: vs Agent Fairies - XOX
-In the first game, he OTK'd me on like his second turn; I stopped the Venus with Book of Moon, but he just kept Special Summoning Monsters to kill me. I won the second game with the awesome Ally of Justice Decisive Armor. I lost the third game because I drew mostly Traps and he drew two Royal Decrees...

Round 9: vs Lightsworn - XX
-I made Decisive Armor against his Wulf and five cards in hand, but its third effect only hit an Honest, which was a huge waste. Chaos Sorcerer banished my Decisive Armor, and I couldn't do much to recover from that. I lost the second game to Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning.

So I ended up going X-4, which isn't good at all. I got 113th place, if anyone cares, and vadangchoinga ended up getting 49th place. Overall, it was pretty disappointing. Oh well, this doesn't really mean anything with Dark Worlds coming out in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Trust me bro, Dark World is going to take the meta by storm! Although it has some innate inconsistency issues, it can easily overwhelm the opponent. Grapha is just too powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the guy with the Rotom mat? Because I played infernitys and I'm sure you are the guy that had 2 Maxx C in his hand one game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NeoGuilt

    Yeah, I had the Rotom mat. I opened with like Maxx "C" and Effect Veiler, and I ended up Setting one Maxx "C" to try and Tribute Summon Gorz to get over your Rai-Oh, since you decided not to attack my T.G. Warwolf. But after I Set the Maxx "C", you attacked the Warwolf, and I had to use my Gorz after randomly responding to an attack with Trap Stun a few turns later.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.