Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tournament Report 10/3/09

Another tournament report for you guys. I'm planning on going to one tournament per week, so expect these weekly.

Again, I was running my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris variant. There's a deck video of it on my YouTube channel, for those who didn't know. I did change two cards, though. I dropped Jinzo and Escape from the Dark Dimension for Gold Sarcophagus and Mind Crush. Yes, I mained Mind Crush. I had to sell some of my cards to get the Gold Sarcophagus, though.

As expected, Blackwings ran rampant, which was good for me. I wasn't able to get any Swallow Flips, again, but I was able to get another Magical Android. They even had a Goyo Guardian from the TCG Duel Terminal, which I wanted to buy, but I decided against it.

Round 1: vs Zombie Synchro

I didn't expect to see any Zombie Synchro decks at the tournament until after Hidden Arsenal. Apparently people want to play it without Brionac.

-Duel 1: I stalled for a long time. There was a ruling dispute about Mind Crush, but the judge who was normally there was gone, so I couldn't do anything about it. He had a chance to kill me somewhat early on, but messed up his attack order. I ended up scooping when I couldn't do anything.
-Duel 2: He was messing around a little bit. He Synchro Summoned Thought Ruler Archfiend against my Goyo Guardian. I was understandably confused, but decided not to use my Torrential on the summon or Necro Gardna when he attacked. He played Book of Eclipse in the Battle Step just because. After a while, the store owner came to call time.
"I'll scoop," I said.
"No, don't scoop, you're on thr-"
I explained that I would've died next turn, regardless of time.

Round 2: vs Spellcasters

I saw a little of this guy's deck before the tournament started and knew that he ran Kycoo and a bunch of protective Spells/Traps.

-Duel 1: The duel literally took over 25 minutes. He won with Magic Cylinder.
-Duel 2: I won pretty quickly (well, quickly for my deck).
-Duel 3: Time was called a few turns in. After the three turns, we were both still at 8000, so it went to sudden death. Gold Sarcophagus for Cyber Ouroboros to discard my last card (Mind Control) to draw. Allure of Darkness. I drew Dark Armed Dragon and D.D.R. and removed the dragon. My set card was Malevolent Catastrophe, so I couldn't do anything when he attacked with Apprentice Magician next turn.

Round 3: vs Blackwings

I had to duel against a newbish child who apparently had access to the Blacking Synchros, as expensive as they were. He probably just pulled them or traded for them or something.

-Duel 1: I OTK'd my opponent. I felt kind of sorry for him.
-Duel 2: I won.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

I watched this guy after my last match, so I knew that he ran Blackwings with Reckless Greed.

-Duel 1: I won, don't remember exactly how, though.
-Duel 2: He attacks my Stardust Dragon with Bora. Mind Crush on Blackwing - Kalut the Moonshadow. He loses TWO of them and his Bora.

Round 5: vs Blackwings

Blackwings, again...

-Duel 1: My opponent tried to use Icarus Attack on my Stardust Dragon, when it was the only card on the field (besides Icarus Attack after he tributed Sirocco). I said that there's not enough cards on the field. He said he's targeting his own Icarus Attack. I said that that's illegal, and he wouldn't believe me. He actually kept bringing it up throughout the whole match. I proceeded to defeat him.
-Duel 2: I won, but he was obviously annoyed with the ruling dispute. He called me on verbally asking to see his Graveyard, though I did motion that I was going to look through it. It didn't matter though, since he was just being stubborn.

The Turbo Pack I got had nothing good in it. Trade-In, Bestiari (AGAIN!), and Ryko. I suppose that a Rare Trade-In is pretty cool, and I ended up trading the Ryko to Aki. I was also able to get a card I needed for a new deck.

2 comments:

  1. 3/5 Pretty good
    and im guessin the mind crush despute that he knew a card in your hand and didn't have any cards in his hand when he activated it

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the Mind Crush dispute was that he said he didn't have the card that I called in his hand, but didn't let me confirm. It somewhat ended up helping me, since I only made the blind call to get one of the cards in my hand into the Graveyard (Necro Gardna or Treeborn Frog).

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.