Wednesday, October 28, 2009

5D's Episode 82 + New Decks

Yusei beat the Duel Robot. What a surprise.

The card he used to win (Panic Wave) was pretty cool, though. The cost is kind of steep, but it's like a one-sided Skill Drain, Imperial Order, and Royal Decree, all in one. It would be very interesting and might see play if it came out.

So, for the new meta that will arise after Stardust Overdrive and Hidden Arsenal are released, I was thinking about making a new deck.

First, I wanted to just remake my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris deck. In trying to change it, I realized that it's so fine-tuned that I wouldn't be able to change it without completely overhauling the deck. Can't do much with that. I could still play it after the new Synchro Monsters come out, though.

Next, I was thinking about using an Imperial Iron Wall deck to counter the meta. It could stop Vayu Turbo and Zombie Synchro, and to a certain extent Lightsworn and Gladiator Beasts. Sounds cool, right? Well, it seems to be too inconsistent, since it's based around such a fragile Continuous Trap. So that idea was scrapped.

Then, I thought about a deck abusing Hidden Armory and Supervise. If you watch Neuxcharge's videos, you'll know what I'm getting at. *cough* Power Tool Plant *cough* I want to make a faster build, though. I'm still in the process of making the deck, so we'll see what happens.

Most recently, I thought about some sort of burn deck that keeps card advantage. Volcanics come to mind. I was thinking about some sort of Volcanic Junk and Debris (I know that it's been done before), but I decided that the themes conflict too much (the way I would play it, anyways).

So, I'm still trying to come up with new ideas. I'll probably just stick to Dark Reverse Junk and Debris until I can come up with a working Power Tool Plant variant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.