Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tournament Report 10/17/09

I was running Dark Reverse Junk and Debris, again. I changed it a little bit, though. I took out Vengeful Shinobi and am using Cyber Ouroboros as the Junk/Debris target.

The types of decks being run was much more diverse, though there were quite a few newbs there. Again, no Swallow Flips, but I was able to get a Trident Dragion.

Round 1: vs Newbie Synchro

-Duel 1: I beat him to death with Dark Armed Dragon.
-Duel 2: I won. He complained a lot when I Bottomless Trap Holed his Junk Warrior.

Round 2: vs Zombie Synchro

-Duel 1: He topped Dark Armed Dragon with three Darks in his Graveyard.
-Duel 2: I'm in control, but then he pulls out Stardust Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon. I couldn't do anything against that.

Round 3: vs Exodia

Yes, Exodia. I saw this guy playing earlier and knew how his deck worked.

-Duel 1: Trident Dragion! Wasn't an OTK, though. I forced all of his Necro Gardnas, then beat him to death.
-Duel 2: I removed the Left Arm of Exodia with Kycoo, so he was basically trying to deck me out. I was able to beat him before that happened, though.

Round 4: vs Gadgets

This guy was kind of newbish, but his deck was pretty good. He ran Dark Dust Spirit and Ultimate Offering.

-Duel 1: A long stall/advantage war. I was able to force him to topdeck, which is pretty hard against Gadgets. I eventually beat him down with Synchros.
-Duel 2: I was able to finish him with Dark Armed Dragon and Stardust Dragon.

Round 5: vs Dark Gaia

-Duel 1: My draw engine worked very well. I forced him to Solemn my Black Rose Dragon at 8000 LP after he committed to the field, which helped me beat him.
-Duel 2: We both misplayed. I dropped Black Rose when he had Koa'ki Meiru Guardian on the field. He forgot that he had the Guardian. It didn't matter though. In the end, he pulled out two Evil Hero Dark Gaias with 5000 ATK each to finish me off.
-Duel 3: I took control of the game and proceeded to beat him down with Magical Android. When he was at 800 LP, I returned Black Rose Dragon to my Extra Deck with Pot of Avarice, revived Plaguespreader, tuned it to Magical Android, and destroyed the field with Black Rose. Since I hadn't Normal Summoned, I could drop Junk Synchron for game.

I went 4-1 and got 6th place, which I'd say is pretty good. Again, I pulled nothing from the Turbo Pack. Ryko (decent), Armageddon Knight (again), and Bestiari (AGAIN!).

I bought Turbo Cannon, since I'm planning on using it. I also bought the Revived King Ha Des that was there, since I know that Zombie Synchro is going to come into power when Brionac comes out. I also got a set of Miracle Fusion, since I know people will want to get Absolute Zero when it comes out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.