Friday, October 16, 2009

Fortune Ladies

People think that they have potential to be a top tier deck (certainly more than the new Ritual support, which I'm optimistic about). I have to agree.

They have a good draw engine with TWO themed draw cards (Fortune Lady Water and Fortune Future). In fact, they're both +1's. How is this fair?

They're somewhat situational. For Water, you need another Fortune Lady on the field when it's Special Summoned. Fortune Future needs one of your Fortune Ladies to be removed from play. If you use Future Visions to accomplish that, then it's a 2 for 2.

What I think is that people will mess around with Future Vision builds, but realize that they're too dependent on it, and move to make different builds.

I do think that Future Vision is a great card, setting back most decks by one turn for Normal Summons. I see the potential with Zeta Reticulant, and also its ability to prevent many of the first turn plays that Lightsworn and Gladiator Beast players like to make.

However, making a deck around a Field Spell isn't a good idea, in my opinion. I'm sure that there are ways to do it, but it would be inconsistent, since you'd need the Field Spell out for the deck to work. Running an excessive amount of Terraformings could help, but it would add quite a few dead draws to the deck.

Perhaps someone will figure out some sort of Future Visions deck that actually works. I'm trying to get the cards for a Zeta Reticulant-based Monarch build, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.