Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tournament Report 3/31/12

As I said in yesterday's post, I would be going to locals today.  I ended up taking my Nordic Diva deck, seeing as how I don't have any other decks to play at the moment.

There were less than 20 players today.  I guess that quite a few people have decided to stop spending as much time on Yu-Gi-Oh, as the format is pretty horrible...

Round 1: vs Wind-Ups

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.  He's there almost every weekend, but we haven't played since then, I think.

-Duel 1: I opened with two Set Torrential Tributes and a Reborn Tengu.  He played Heavy Storm and Hunter looped me.  Yeah, I lost.
-Duel 2: I opened with a Set Ryko, Solemn Warning, and Solemn Judgment.  And after playing two Mystical Space Typhoons over the course of a couple turns, he Hunter looped me again.  Yeah, losing Round 1 to the Wind-Up loop isn't fun, but he was really nice, and we were talking casually throughout the duel, so it was still fairly enjoyable.

Round 2: vs Newbie Inzektors

I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon and Stardust Dragon both games to win...

Round 3: vs Newbie Infernities

-Duel 1: After I forced him into top-decking mode, he topped Infernity Archfiend.  Solemn Warning dealt with that, but he topped a second Infernity Archfiend on the following turn...
-Duel 2: I opened with Rai-Oh, Shadow Imprisoning Mirror, and Torrential Tribute.  He played Heavy Storm, then swarmed me on the following turn...

Round 4: vs Newbie Jurrac

I don't even remember what happened, aside from me dropping Thor in the second duel.  He really didn't stand a chance...

So, I ended up going 2-2, losing to two luck-based decks and beating two newbs... It was a pretty horrible day...

But, something good did occur today.  After the tournament, I went to hang out with a couple of friends who ended up playing Cardfight Vanguard.  I learned the basics and ended up playing a couple games with one of their decks; I won one game and lost the other.  I won the first game by deck-out after getting lucky with a Heal Trigger, so that didn't exactly take any skill...

When playing, it felt like I just kept following the same patterns each turn, while pulling off some combos if I happened to draw them.  It's an interesting game, but I don't think that I'll be spending any money on it.

Either way, I'm going to see if I can figure out a new deck to play for Yu-Gi-Oh.  I'll still be playing Nordic Diva, but I want to have other options.  Perhaps a more explosive deck like Infernities or Vayu Turbo.  The only problem is that those decks are easily sided against, and such... We'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.