Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tournament Report 4/7/12

So, as usual, I went to locals today.  I took my Nordic Diva deck, since I didn't have any time to even look at it.  I was far too busy playing Megaman Battle Network 3 and watching Megaman Star Force...

But, before that, the card shop also held a Dragons Collide Sealed Deck tournament.  I thought that I might as well play, seeing as how I was planning on getting three of the Structure Decks anyway, and this way, I might get the nice mat.  So yeah, twelve people participated in the tournament.

Round 1: OO

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I opened Reasoning, he called Level 4, and I got Prime Material Dragon.  I destroyed and negated his Ryko, then used A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon to destroy his back row.  Later, I milled Eclipse Wyvern off of Ryko to banish my Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (REDMD).  D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation sealed the game from there.
-Duel 2: I drew Reasoning again, and he called Level 4 again, and I had to send my Eclipse Wyvern to the Graveyard.  However, I was able to banish my REDMD, again.  I Set Escape from the Dark Dimension, and you can guess what happened from there...

Round 2: OXO

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I banished Dark Armed Dragon with Eclipse Wyvern after milling a bunch of cards, including three Darks.  All he had left was a Kaibaman and Chaos Zone, and I topped Darkflare Dragon with Chaos Sorcerer and Monster Gate in hand.  I summoned Chaos Sorcerer, banishing a Dark and Eclipse Wyvern to get back my Dark Armed.  I then banished his Kaibaman with Chaos Sorcerer's effect, then tributed it for Monster Gate, Special Summoning Prime Material Dragon.  I dropped Dark Armed Dragon, then Darkflare Dragon to OTK.
-Duel 2: All I really had was a Snipe Hunter, but it didn't do much once he dropped Lightpulsar and killed me.
-Duel 3: We were both sitting on bad hands, but I drew a Monster first, so I won.

Round 3: XX

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He ended up with a Lightpulsar Dragon and a Card Trader with nothing in hand.  All I had was an Inferno Fire Blast (which I happened to draw EVERY SINGLE GAME today...).  I topped Chaos Sorcerer to banish his Lightpulsar, then he topped Darkflare to kill my Chaos Sorcerer.  I had nothing left and lost soon afterwards.
-Duel 2: I only drew one Monster, Herald of Creation, and couldn't do anything.

He went on to beat Yugilo in the finals to win the mat.  So yeah.

After that was the usual tournament.  So...

Round 1: vs Lightsworn

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He opened with Solar Recharge into Pot of Duality into Solar Recharge into Solar Recharge.  He proceeded to drop two Judgment Dragons to kill me... Yeah, I guess I deserved to lose or something...
-Duel 2: Again, he just had everything he needed.  His Judgment Dragon paved the way for his Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, and there was nothing I could do...

I was really frustrated losing that match.  I would've rather been Wind-Up looped than lose like that.

Round 2: vs Newbie Jurrac

I beat him with Thor both games...

Round 3: vs Wind-Ups

This was my Round 2 opponent from the earlier Dragons Collide Sealed Deck tournament.  Apparently, he was out for revenge...

-Duel 1: He Wind-Up looped my hand, ending with Leviathan Dragon and a couple back rows.  The last two cards in my hand were Monster Reborn and Sangan.  I topped Torrential Tribute and Set my whole hand, but lost my Torrential in the End Phase to his Mystical Space Typhoon.  He Mind Controlled the Sangan, hoping to see a Super-Nimble Mega Hamster or Ryko, and simply attacked directly with Leviathan Dragon before passing.  I Set the Solemn Warning I drew and passed.  He attacked the Sangan, letting me grab a Super-Nimble Mega Hamster.  I Set it and ended.  He played Heavy Storm, destroying his own Solemn Warning and my two back rows, then attacked my Hamster, letting me get Tanngnjostr (black goat).  I Flip Summoned Tanngnjostr to Special Summon Guldfaxe from my deck, then summoned Deep Sea Diva to grab Lost Blue Breaker and make Thor.  Thor negated Leviathan Dragon's effect and attacked over it, while Diva attacked directly.  Unfortunately, he played Dark Hole, then Monster Reborn to take my Thor.  I drew another Super-Nimble Mega Hamster to Set.  He attacked it and I grabbed Ryko.  I drew Guldfaxe with one other card in hand and Flip Summoned the Ryko.  He used Effect Veiler to protect Thor, but I just summoned the Guldfaxe to make Brionac and bounce Thor back to my Extra Deck.  He topped Wind-Up Rabbit and summoned it.  I topped my second Reborn Tengu (the first was sent to the Graveyard by the first-turn Hunter loop).  He couldn't save his Rabbit, as he was at exactly 4000 LP, so he had to take the attacks.  He drew an MST to go with the one that was already Set and scooped.
-Duel 2: I was able to play around his multiple Tour Guides pretty well with Effect Veiler, Maxx "C", and Rai-Oh.  But then he stole my Scrap Dragon with Mind Control and used it to destroy the last of my cards.  From there, he looped me, and I died.
-Duel 3: I opened with a Set Super-Nimble Mega Hamster, Mind Control and MST.  He summoned Tour Guide to grab Sangan, Set two back rows, and passed.  I destroyed one with my MST and started my turn.  I Flip Summoned my Hamster, but he negated it with Solemn Warning.  So I summoned a Tanngnjostr (black goat) and flipped Mind Control to steal the Sangan and overlay for Leviathan Dragon.  I boosted its ATK by detaching my Beast, then attacked over his Tour Guide.  He made a Leviathan Dragon of his own with another Tour Guide, then crashed it into mine.  From there, all I ended up drawing was Monsters, so I couldn't defend myself that well from his swarms.  He ended up negating my Deep Sea Diva with Effect Veiler and drawing another Veiler off of Pot of Avarice.  He then made a late-game Wind-Up loop, and I died.

Round 4: vs Newbie HEROes

He Chained Super Polymerization to my Black Rose Dragon's effect for some reason... Yeah, he didn't really know what he was doing.

So yeah, I ended up going X-2 again.  Basically, this tournament turned out just like last Saturday's...

Usually, I switch decks after going X-2 even once, but I wanted to give Nordic Diva another chance, since I was able to win with it last Friday, and I really like how the deck plays.  But, I've decided to switch decks again...  I basically have all of the cards for Infernities, Vayu Turbo, a HERO variant, and Karakuri.  I don't really like Vayu Turbo, since it can have too slow of a start.  I've expressed my dislike of HEROes in the past, but it's still an option.  Oh, and I'm not going to run Scraps again this format; they're just too slow and too dependent on Scrap Chimera and Worm Xex...

So, it's basically between Infernities and Karakuri.  The reasoning is that both decks can swarm very quickly, but also have some control aspects.  If I run either of these decks, I think that it would be Karakuri, since then I could run Macro Cosmos.  Besides, I would rather have a second Infernity Mirage and an Infernity Barrier before I play Infernities competitively.  I already have all of the cards for any Karakuri variant that I can think of, so we'll see what happens...

18 comments:

  1. Karakuri seems like a good choice. Best of luck in choosing your next deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, it's okay. Karakuri decks suffer from drawing too many or too few Monsters, and while that's a problem that most decks have, I'd rather play the few decks that don't have that problem.

      I don't know, I tend not to be satisfied with most decks, so it's hard for me to decide...

      Delete
  2. maybe a lightsworn ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...

      Lightsworn is the epitome of inconsistent. I don't play decks like that.

      Not to mention that they also auto-lose to Wind-Ups...

      Delete
  3. you could try something more obscure like zombies or psychics?

    i mean you did just play nordics.... by the way, will you by any chance be sharing your decklist now? i've been very interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies and Psychics are too slow for the format. I want to play a faster deck so that I don't lose to random swarms from stuff like Lightsworn, Six Samurai, or Wind-Ups.

      As for the Nordic deck list, I'll consider it.

      Delete
  4. Why not Zombies anymore? I find the deck still playable with X-Saber Pashuul, Reinforce Truth and some Psychic engine.

    Even the Nordic Beast set (Guldfaxe, 3 Black Goat, Hamster, Ryko) work well with the Zombies. You can make Scrap Dragon with Goblin Zombie and Guldfaxe, leaving Black Goat as a free bullet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies are too slow without the T.G. Strikers, and Setting stuff like Reinforce Truth leaves you open to Inzektor shenanigans.

      I considered using Nordics with Zombies, but I'd rather not have to rely on my Monsters being destroyed by battle.

      Delete
  5. if i was u ill play karakuri. WIth the geargias about to be released its got a lot of searching power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that would mean that more people would start playing them, and more people would start siding more against them, which makes the deck less appealing.

      Delete
  6. Damn....the Round 3 Duel 1 just....WOW....

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEGAMAN?! Ohhh crap, is that where the music from your duel videos come from? I thought they sounded familiar. xD I loved Megaman battle networks up until the point they made it more First-Person battle... lololol.

    - Samson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who dares hate Inferno Fire Blast! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate it, I just hate drawing it...

      I did get to use it once, though. In the first duel of the second round, I went first and played Reasoning. He called Level 4, and I Special Summoned Red-Eyes B. Dragon. Sure enough, Inferno Fire Blast was in my starting hand, letting me burn him before he could make a play.

      If that didn't happen, I'd probably hate Inferno Fire Blast unconditionally...

      Delete
  9. Cheers to you Megaman battlenetwork 3 in Gameboy Advance? Or emulater? I play In GBA battlenetwork 6 like a boss Gregar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I had the game from a long time ago, so I just replayed it because I had nothing to do over spring break.

      I also have Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar, so I might play through that again as well.

      Delete
  10. Megaman Battle Network 3, one of my favorite games of all time. I salute your taste in games.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.