Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TCG Priority Rule Change

It's about a year late, but it's finally here.  Ignition Effects can no longer be activated in response to the summon of a Monster; they're more akin to Normal Spells now, with respect to when you can activate them.

Seeing as how everyone, including Konami, has already written about this, I don't think I really need to go into this that much.  Rescue Rabbit is worse now, Bottomless Trap Hole is better, etc.

Personally, I like the rule change, if you couldn't tell by my snide opening remark.  I don't really care that I can't use Scrap Dragon's effect upon its summon, but having to face Bottomless Trap Hole more often isn't great.

I also appreciate how Konami is starting to clarify the rules and such.  It's good that they're at least showing some concern for their players.

Oh, and before you start replacing all of your Solemn Warnings with Bottomless Trap Holes, please remember that Inzektors and Wind-Up Rabbits do exist.  Bottomless does get better, but it doesn't automatically overtake Solemn Warning now...

And don't just start randomly using Raigeki Break in an attempt to copy the OCG.  There are reasons that they can run that card so effectively besides the lack of Ignition Priority.  One of those reasons is that they all have Card Car D, whereas we don't...

5 comments:

  1. I like your post, and yeah i agree with you on the raigeki break thing lol, funny thing is, i always wanted to use my trap hole's, and now i can :D !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we get Card Car in 2 weeks btw ... I really don't think that's the only reason they use raigeki break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not the only reason, of course, but it allows them to use Raigeki Break in practically any deck. Stuff like Inzektors and Lavals have plenty of cards they can discard, so those decks can use it more effectively, but Card Car D mitigates the minus from discarding.

      And, knowing Konami, they'll probably make Card Car D a Secret Rare, meaning that "we" won't get it, the rich players will get it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Honestly, I prefer Raigeki Break, but it is a preference choice. I used to like Phoenix Wing Wind Blast when the game was slower, but now you really don't want to give your opponent back their powerful Monsters. I'd also rather destroy their Spells/Traps than put them off for a turn.

      Of course, since I play Scraps, I'll be using neither, since they can't afford the discard cost.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.