Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tournament Report 2/4/12

Again, I went to locals with my Nordic Diva deck.  I'm not really satisfied with it, but there's not much else I would want to play...

There were about 24 players, with most of them being regulars.  There were about four little kids (one of them had Rescue Rabbits and Inzektors and claimed that he would be getting Tour Guides soon...) and a few other newbs.

Round 1: vs Dragons

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.  I don't really know what to call his Dragon deck; it wasn't Hopeless or Disaster for sure...

-Duel 1: He thought I was playing Scraps, since that's what I used to always beat him with.  He Set two back rows and ended.  I played Heavy Storm, then attacked him with Reborn Tengu.  He Set a few more cards and ended.  Apparently, the only Monsters he drew were Horus LV6, Horus LV8, and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, since I just beat him up with Tengu until he died.  Luckily for me, he didn't see any of my other cards, so he had no reason not to think I was still playing Scraps...
-Duel 2: This duel, I just beat him up with Guldfaxe and Scrap Archfiend for a while.  The only Level 4 Dragon he drew was Axe Dragonute, so I was able to capitalize.  After this duel, I helped him fix his deck, since he was playing too many high Level Monsters...

Round 2: vs Stun

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.  Apparently, he knows people who knew me from my high school... Either way, he hadn't really improved from the last time I dueled him, so I won 2-0...

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.  We had a lot of fun playing this match, as we dramatically declared all of our phases and such.  "Draw.  Standby, Main Phase..."

-Duel 1: He opened with Mizuho, Grandmaster, and three back rows.  I just drew too passive of a hand and kept losing cards to his Mizuho.  It didn't help that I couldn't get through his Grandmaster, since the only destruction I drew was Smashing Ground...
-Duel 2: Again, I opened with a passive hand, Setting Super-Nimble Mega Hamster and a couple of Chainable back rows.  He searched Shinai with Reinforcement of the Army, summoned it, then Mizuho.  He used Mizuho's effect, tributing Shinai to target my Monster, then Chained Cunning of the Six Samurai to swap his Mizuho for Shinai.  My Hamster was destroyed, and he got back Mizuho with Shinai's effect.  Combined with Shien's Dojo, he was able to make Shi En and destroy my whole field.  And, his Shi En and Mizuho were backed by two Musakani Magatamas and a Mirror Force, so while I was able to bait out two Magatamas with Heavy Storm and Lost Blue Breaker, I lost the Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon (which was at 3000 ATK because I had tributed Lost Blue Breaker that turn) to the Mirror Force.  Either way, I'm glad that I was able to make effective use of Lost Blue Breaker and Gishilnodon.

Round 4: vs Newbie Six Samurai

He really had no idea what he was doing.  Still, he was able to play the deck as well as anyone else, since it was Six Samurai... I still won 2-0, though.

Round 5: vs Dark Worlds

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I basically pushed through her Gates with Scrap Dragon and won fairly decisively.
-Duel 2: Morphing Jar into Card Destruction gave her about ten cards over me, but she wasn't able to kill me.  I used Solemn Judgment on her Torrential Tribute, then made Scrap Dragon and Gachi Gachi Gantetsu.  That let me run over her Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon after destroying her Gates.  She had another copy, however, and used it to Special Summon another Sillva.  Sillva took an Xyz Material off of my Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, but I used Book of Moon on the Grapha to prevent it from crashing into my Scrap Dragon.  From there, I was able to pick off her Monsters with Scrap Dragon, as her back rows weren't a threat.

So, I went X-1 and got 5th place.  Unfortunately, only the Top 3 got store credit today, so I just walked away with the worst Turbo Pack 7 in existence: Seiyaryu, Serpent Night Dragon, and Tail Swipe.  Nothing usable; if I were the type of person who ripped cards if I didn't want them, I would have burned that Turbo Pack.  It was that bad.

But yeah, I'm still not really satisfied with my Nordics.  I'd like to play T.G. Zombies, but I don't like getting killed by Chain Disappearance, and I'd like to be able to play Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror.

Apparently, HEROes aren't doing too badly in the OCG.  Perhaps I might try them out... I've always liked the theme, but I've never really had the motivation to make the deck... We'll see...

5 comments:

  1. Try bubbleman!! Perma can Special when no cards in hand and XYZ Troll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know how I'd want to run the deck. I do think that I'll use at least one Bubbleman, though, since it's pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. Bubbleman is much more playable once we get acid. Mask change is so good. Im taking heros to long beach for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rogue decks are always more fun to play and more satisfying to win with. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.