Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tournament Report 12/3/11

I went to locals today, as usual. Also as usual, I took my T.G. Zombies.

There were 30 players there, including plenty of regulars.

Round 1: vs T.G. Zombies

A mirror match, really...? Anyways, I was playing against a regular who I hadn't played against before.

-Duel 1: We both had lackluster hands from what I could tell, and I just made a Leviair with his Sangan and my Spirit Reaper, which was Veiled, to beat him down. He Creature Swapped to take it, and I Creature Swapped it back. I had answers to most of his plays and was able to win fairly easily.
-Duel 2: The duel ended with my Brionac clearing his field and going for game. I don't remember the beginning; it wasn't too eventful.

Round 2: vs Malefic Skill Drain

I was playing against vadangchoinga.

-Duel 1: He opened with a bunch of back rows and a Beast King Barbaros. Skill Drain stopped my effects, Safe Zone protected Barbaros, and Dark Bribe protected the back row. Nothing I could do.
-Duel 2: He didn't have as many back rows, and I was able to Creature Swap his Ancient Gear Gajiltron Dragon to beat him down.
-Duel 3: I tried to make a push with Brionac, but got shut down by Skill Drain. From there, I made a Colossal Fighter to stall. He couldn't get through it, so we just ended up Setting back rows for a while. I drew into Heavy Storm to destroy the Safe Zone protecting his Barbaros and a Skill Drain, and my Set Compulsory Evacuation Device bounced his Gajiltron Dragon. I was able to beat him down with Colossal Fighter and Splendid Rose with his field cleared.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He opened pretty badly, with two Kagemusha and no other Monsters, but I opened pretty badly, too. I couldn't get over the 1800 DEF of his Kagemusha and through his back row, so we were just sitting there until he made a Shi En backed by a full back row. My Gorz got Warned, and I scooped.
-Duel 2: I Dust Tornado'd and MST'd everything he Set and destroyed his Solidarities with Scrap Dragon. He couldn't do anything top-decking.
-Duel 3: He attacked with Mizuho, and I dropped Gorz. Kizan attacked over the Token, and he tributed the Kizan for Mizuho's effect. I had Effect Veiler, though, and he regretted not using Warning on the Gorz. I beat him up slowly with Gorz, but he played a second Solidarity, Kageki, and Grandmaster to run over my Monsters. I made double Synchro'd up to Black Rose Dragon using T.G. Striker, T.G. Warwolf, and Plaguespreader Zombie to destroy his field. He only had 400 LP left, so I revived Plaguespreader with its own effect to attack for game.

Round 4: vs Zombie Plants

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He drew a lackluster hand, and I was able to capitalize with Creature Swaps on the few good Monsters he did drop. Splendid Rose helped out, too.
-Duel 2: He opened with Reborn Tengu and a back row. Rai-Oh ran over the first Tengu, and I stole the second one with Mind Control to overlay for Number 39: Utopia. I attacked his Set Monster next turn, and he used Book of Moon on Utopia. He used his Set Spore and a summoned Zombie Master to make Magical Android. When he attacked, I used my own Book of Moon. But, when I Flip Summoned Utopia, I lost it to Solemn Warning. So, I Set T.G. Striker. He attacked it, and I got T.G. Warwolf. That let me make T.G. Wonder Magician with a second Striker on my turn, destroying his Set Soul Release (he forgot to play it last turn). Creature Swap switched our Synchros, and I attacked over my Wonder Magician with his Magical Android to draw a card. From there, I was able to beat him down with his Magical Android, and he didn't have any answers.

Round 5: vs Stun

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament. This was the finals, but we decided not to split, since neither of us wanted anything specific, and the prizes were pretty good for both 1st and 2nd.

-Duel 1: I made an early push with Caius, but he got rid of it with D.D. Warrior Lady. Dark Hole cleared out his Monsters, and I made a push with Brionac to finish him off.
-Duel 2: I had pretty decent control over the duel, but he was able to chip away at my LP. He used Dark Hole to clear out my field, and I died to a Breaker.
-Duel 3: I opened with a Set Snowman Eater. He opened with King Tiger Wanghu and Dimensional Fissure. Snowman Eater's effect destroyed Wanghu, and I supposed Warwolf to overlay for Leviair and steal his banished Wanghu. I beat him down with those two Monsters for a bit, but his D.D. Warrior Lady banished my Leviair, and he made his own Leviair using Banisher of the Radiance and my Warwolf (Monster Reborn). I was forced to get rid of it with my Brionac's effect after failing to destroy it with Utopia, otherwise he would be able to use its effect to grab back his Wanghu, which I didn't have an answer to. That Brionac cleared his field on the following turn and allowed me to go for game.

So, I went undefeated and got 1st place. Using the store credit I got, I bought a Super Rare Royal Decree, two Photon Sabre Tigers, a Secret Rare Gallis the Star Beast, and some Duel Masters-sized sleeves for Aki.

So yeah, I'm not sure what else I can do with the deck. It seems to be pretty solid now that I added more Spell/Trap destruction to the Side Deck and started playing Heavy Storm again.

3 comments:

  1. Brionac don't work with Dimensional Fissure on the field. The discarding cards must be sent to the grave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we see your tg zombie decklist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Eh Chavo

    Well, I could still send Spells/Traps to the Graveyard with Brionac's effect. Either way, I had gotten rid of Dimensional Fissure with a Dust Tornado before making that play. He had one Set back row and that Dimensional Fissure up at the beginning of that turn with a D.D. Warrior Lady and Leviair. I just had a Utopia with one Xyz Material and a Set Dust Tornado. I attacked with Utopia, but it got hit by Book of Moon, so I used Dust Tornado to clear out the Dimensional Fissure, then made Brionac using a Pashuul from my hand and a Goblin Zombie from the Graveyard, courtesy of Mezuki's effect.

    @Anonymous

    Since I'm using it as my main competitive deck at the moment, I'd rather not give out the deck list. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.