Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tournament Report 12/11/11

As planned, I went to locals today with my T.G. Zombie deck. Before the tournament started, though, I got to play a few games against vadangchoinga with my new fun deck. It uses Gem-Knights, a theme which I really like. Unfortunately, it's not a very good deck, as you will most likely see on my YouTube channel sometime this week.

There were about 30 players there, with plenty of regulars, but also plenty of newbs.

Round 1: vs Newbie Hero Beat

It was obvious that he was a newb, but he wasn't too bad. Either way, I just pushed through his Dimensional Fissures with Synchros that he didn't have answers to.

Round 2: vs Chaos

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. He was playing a Chaos deck similar to the one that won that recent YCS.

-Duel 1: I gained a lot of advantage on him with all of my searches and an early Trishula.
-Duel 2: He opened with Pot of Duality to fetch BLS. I kept his grave clear of Lights for a while, and he decided to push with a Chaos Sorcerer once a Rai-Oh hit his Graveyard. The Chaos Sorcerer's effect banished my T.G. Wonder Magician, and his Dimensional Alchemist attacked me directly. I used Dark Hole to clear out his Monsters, and he grabbed Gorz with Alchemist's effect. I made Brionac using Mystic Tomato and a T.G. Striker (Monster Reborn) and chucked my last card to bounce his Set card. He was at 2200 LP, and I knew that none of his cards were Battle Fader, so I attacked for game.

Round 3: vs Newbie X-Sabers

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament. Trishula messed with him both games, banishing a bunch of his X-Sabers.

Round 4: vs Newbie Dark Worlds

He played situational cards like Forced Requisition, Goldd, and Sillva. Unfortunately for me, he drew the perfect ratio of Dark World Monsters to discard outlets, and I could only make passive plays while he went crazy every turn. I literally only got to play three turns out of the whole match, since I lost all of my cards to his effects and Deck Devastation Virus. This makes me consider siding more against Dark Worlds, but decks like this don't draw well all the time; it would be like siding for Exodia FTK. Sometimes, there's just nothing you can do. It happens...

Round 5: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He went first with a Shi En backed by a bunch of back rows and a Grandmaster. I stalled for a bit behind Mystic Tomato, but I lost a lot of momentum to his Rivalry of Warlords. He swarmed with T.G. Hyper Librarian, Naturia Beast, Ally of Justice Catastor, and a Grandmaster equipped with Spirit of the Six Samurai, and I died.
-Duel 2: I should have lost this duel to a late game swarm of Shi En and Double-Edged Sword Technique, but he misplayed. He forgot that he couldn't Synchro while he had Rivalry up. He died to the burn from Double-Edged Sword Technique in his End Phase.
-Duel 3: He controlled me with two Solemn Warnings and other back rows long enough to amass pluses from his Gateway, and I couldn't recover.

So, I pretty much scrubbed out after losing to two luck-based decks. Oh well, it happens.

The main thing is that I got to test out siding Tragoedia. It didn't do much, honestly. I only drew it once all day and I banished it for Allure of Darkness. I feel as though it should be more helpful than Chaos Trap Hole, but that remains to be seen. I think I'll stick with it for the Regional next weekend, but I still want to change the Side Deck a little bit.

After the tournament, I played against some random regulars with my fun deck that uses Gem-Knights. It actually won a match against T.G. Plants, so that was surprising. Other than that, it just lost a bunch, which I was expecting. I can't wait for the new Duel Terminals so that I can get the new Gem-Knights to improve the deck.

5 comments:

  1. ur a really bad player

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    It's really easy to say that when you're hiding behind the Internet, isn't it?

    Please, point out the numerous misplays that you spotted. I'm sure that that will prove your point. /sarcasm

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiding behind internet again anon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anon We all bez scrubs, bcuz we on the interwebz

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.