Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tournament Report 11/12/11

It's quite sad that I've only been able to make blog posts for tournament reports recently. I just haven't had many ideas of what to write about, and school work has been taking up most of my time.

Either way, I was able to go to locals today with a new version of my T.G. Zombies. I dropped the Reborn Tengus for Mystic Tomatoes and some tech choices.

There were about 20 people there, with only a few little kids.

Round 1: vs Newbie Gravekeeper's

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament. Splendid Rose helped me OTK her in the first duel, so that was cool.

Round 2: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I had to pull through a horrible hand after he used Irou to kill my Mystic Tomato. I was able to deal well enough with his swarm at first, but he used Monster Reborn on Shi En, and I couldn't deal with it the second time.
-Duel 2: He used Rivalry of Warlords against my Gorz so that I wouldn't be left with the Kaien Token, but I tributed Gorz for Caius to remove his Utopia and attack over Grandmaster. Later, he had cleared my Monsters out, and pushed for a little damage with a Kizan. I took it with Mind Control to go with my X-Saber Pashuul and Synchro Summon Gaia Knight. Quite convenient, I'd say. Rivalry doesn't hurt me as badly as I thought.
-Duel 3: He swarmed me with Shi En, Enishi, and Grandmaster, and I didn't have any outs, despite drawing a bunch of cards with Maxx "C". Quite sad.

Round 3: vs Newbie Blackwings

Trishula banished all of his cards in the first duel, and I OTK'd with Splendid Rose in the second. Splendid Rose put in a lot of work, even on the first day that I put it into the deck. It's pretty good.

Round 4: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: Spirit Reaper swung for some early advantage, but I took a lot of damage from the resulting swarm before I dropped Trishula to take control of the duel.
-Duel 2: He made a Naturia Barkion, which I was able to kill with Dark Hole. Then, he Synchro Summoned Shi En, but he couldn't get through my Spirit Reaper. I forced Shi En's negation with Mind Control, then played Creature Swap. He scooped.

Round 5: vs Hero Beat

-Duel 1: He used Torrential Tribute against my field of four Monsters; two of them were Gorz and its Token, and the other two were Sangan and Goblin Zombie. That let me make a Trishula play on the following turn, and he couldn't recover.
-Duel 2: He had control of the duel with his big beaters, whereas I had three Goblin Zombies. I Set one against his D.D. Warrior Lady, just wanting to get rid of the Warrior Lady so that I could Set something I really needed in the Graveyard. But, he summoned Doomcaliber Knight and tried to remove my Goblin Zombie with D.D. Warrior Lady's effect. I reminded him that Doomcaliber Knight's effect negates D.D. Warrior Lady's effect, and that completely cost him the duel. From there, I was able to build up advantage and finish him off with Trishula.

So yeah, I ended up going 4-1 and getting 3rd place. With the store credit that I won, I got a couple of Bottomless Trap Holes so that I don't have to keep switching the only pair of English Bottomless Trap Holes that I have between my decks. Now I can have a full Scrap deck and a full T.G. Zombie deck at the same time. Cool stuff.

There's not much else to talk about. Perhaps I should start siding more heavily for Six Samurai, since there are so many regular Six Samurai players at my locals. We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. whats the splendid rose otk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    There's no "Splendid Rose OTK." It just helps to OTK, since it can do up to 3300 damage by itself. At this tournament, Splendid Rose helped to OTK alongside other Synchros like Scrap Dragon or Trishula, but it doesn't OTK by itself. It's still really good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think its a good idea to main deck maxx "c"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous #2

    Not particularly. Maxx "C" is more or less the same as Effect Veiler, except that Veiler actually prevents effects. If your opponent can OTK you, they're going to go for it even if you use Maxx "C".

    Regardless, it depends mainly on the meta in your area. If everyone in your area plays Plants or Karakuri, then it would be a good idea to main Maxx "C".

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh. and what about chalice vs veiler?
    just sayin, you should really have an ask box o.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous

    Veiler is generally better because you can use it on the first turn of the duel if your opponent goes first. Stun decks aren't too popular right now, so Chalice's ATK boost isn't going to be that helpful very often. And, very few decks can effectively make use of Forbidden Chalice, so you have to take that into consideration, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.