Friday, March 23, 2012

Day Before the 100th YCS

So, I finally figured out what deck I'm going to use, assuming nothing changes in the next few hours... Although I would've liked to take Scraps or Vayu Turbo, they aren't really all that great this format.  Now, Nordic Diva isn't good either, but I feel like it deals with Dino Rabbit and rogue decks the best.

I was testing the Nordic Diva deck last night, and it seemed to do pretty well.  Although I'd often have to take damage setting up my field, I was able to make a series of plays that would end up in a threatening field while my opponent would only have a couple cards left.  Unlike Scrap Worms, which relies on me drawing Scrap Beast along with Worm Xex or Scrap Chimera, the Nordic Diva deck has several Monsters that are good alone, but work better together.  Unfortunately, the deck is somewhat passive and reactive, but that usually doesn't matter against people who don't know how Nordics work.

Besides, really don't think I have a shot at Top 64, even, in this format.  So, I'm just going to take a deck that I like that would also be good enough to win some side events.  I'm not completely confident in my Nordic Diva deck, but it's the best I can do.  Honestly, it doesn't even matter.  Knowing that I don't have a good chance of winning means that I can take the opportunity to just have fun.

I'm hoping to see some other bloggers and YouTubers there.  For one, DrakoDMD (Devin) said that if I don't go find him and say hi, he'll find me and he and LFN would beat me up, LOL.  How can you do that if you don't know what I look like, Devin?  Ha.

So yeah, after scrubbing out of the main event, I'm going to play in some of the side events.  I'd also go on the second day with Aki to play in some Regional Flights to win that White Dragon Ninja/Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo mat.  I might try out that Bounty event, too.  It seems fun, but it's at a really awkward time.  Like, after it finishes, the registration for all of the other side events would probably be over, so it'd be the only side event I'd get to participate in on Day 2.  Eh, I could just hang out and film duels or whatnot.

Regardless, this is probably going to be a pretty great weekend, minus the driving...

1 comment:

  1. oublish a report of how you did im curious to see how that deck fares in this current meta.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.