Friday, March 16, 2012

Random Stuff #40

So, I've been pretty bored the last few days.  While it is the week before my school has finals, and all of my friends are studying crazily, I have just been doing nothing.  I don't need to study.  If you actually make an attempt to learn the material throughout the year, then you don't have to cram before the tests...

But yeah, I've had a lot of time to think about what deck I want to use as my Main Deck this format.  I haven't really gotten that far with that...  Scrap Worms is always an option, no matter how bad it is against the format, since it is the deck that I created, the deck that I'm known for, basically.  But, because of the current format, I'd like to avoid using it if I can figure out a better deck, especially after Galactic Overlord...

So, the options I have are Nordics, some sort of Zombie variant (most likely the Psychic/Zombie deck from the previous post...), some sort of HERO build, or maybe a "good stuff" deck with the Worm engine and Deep Sea Diva, or something like that.  I like the last one the best, but it seems like it's still too slow.  I mean, what else would I even put in the deck...?

For the Nordics, I could still use the Diva engine, and also throw in Photon Sabre Tigers.  They work on the Flip Summon, so I could grab one with Super-Nimble Mega Hamster, flip it, grab another, and summon the second one to grab the third.  With that, I'd either have two 2000 ATK beaters, or a Rank 3 Xyz Monster.  They're also good Level 3's to complement Tanngnjostr's (black goat) effect, allowing me to make Thor essentially for free.  They do take up a lot of space in the deck, though, so I'm not sure how I could make it work.

The Psychic/Zombie deck from last week basically failed.  It's a little too slow to deal with stuff like Wind-Ups and Inzektors.  It's not that great against Dino Rabbit or Six Samurai either...

HEROes have so many options as far as different builds go.  The problem is that I don't like any of them.  I don't want to play any Stun version where you have a Monster count below ten and can't summon anything big without Miracle Fusions.  The Fusion Gate build is too reliant on Fusion Gate, obviously.  Basically, HERO decks are too dependent on the Fusion cards to be able to do anything worthwhile.  Gemini Spark is pretty powerful, too, but you're not always going to draw those Sparks.  I mean, I've watched all of these videos of HEROes winning duels, but then you have to wonder why.  It's probably because the HERO player opened with Stratos, Gemini Spark, Hero Blast, Solemn Warning, and Pot of Duality against Inzektors.  You can't expect to draw like that all the time.  I'm not saying that they're a bad deck, but with only three cards to access their boss Monsters, they're too reliant on their back rows, and I just don't like decks like that.

So, for a "good stuff" deck, I like the Worm engine and the Diva engine, but what else could I support that with?  I mean, both engines are nice by themselves, but they both are susceptible to Effect Veiler and Maxx "C", though not as much as Scrap Worms would be.  Maybe I could add to the Diva engine, instead of just playing three Divas and the Lost Blue Breaker.  I could toss in Reese the Ice Mistress and whatnot.  But what else would help?  Maybe Photon Thrashers and/or Cyber Dragons...

I donno.  I'm getting tired and running out of ideas... I'll think about it more in the morning or something...

2 comments:

  1. It's nice that your trying to think outside the box to create your deck, some of the best decks get made that way =D.

    As far as ideas go, I have one that I've been kicking around in my mind involving Nordics that I never got to test (Mostly because I dont own half the cards...): Ninja Nordics. You would run Hanzo and regular Ninjutsu Art of Transformation to grab Black Goat, White Goat, or Guldfaxe. A ideal first turn play would be summon Hanzo, grab Transformation, set it along with Glephnir (or already have a Black Goat in hand). If they attack Hanzo, you can either

    1. Chain Transformation to grab White Goat, Chain Glephnir on the replay battle to get Black Goat to SS it, get the tokens, then make whatever you want on your turn

    2. Chain Glephnir to grab Black Goat, then SS it when Hanzo is destroyed.

    If they dont attack, you can just end phase Transformation your Hanzo into a Black Goat.

    These are the main plays that I thought of for the deck, but I'm sure there's lots more! Nordics are one of my favorite archetypes, I'm glad to see someone trying to make them work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that that does give the deck more aggressive plays, as opposed to it being mainly reactive.

      The main problem with Ninja cards, though, is that you kind of rely on Hanzo. What if you draw Transformation without Hanzo? You'd either have to play other Ninja Monsters, which are lackluster at best, or just deal with having dead draws. I suppose that you could make use of dead draws by playing Raigeki Break, though.

      It's definitely a good idea. I'd have to go out and get Hanzos, though.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.