Thursday, March 22, 2012

Random Stuff #41

I tested a HERO/Worm hybrid deck against BlackwingNinja for a bit and realized that I didn't want to play HEROes.  I was able to win, but I had gotten pretty lucky, having drawn two Miracle Fusions in one duel and him having drawn a bad hand in another.  The deck isn't bad, but I'd rather not play the odds.

So, I'm still not sure about what deck I'm going to play.  If I can't figure out anything else, I'll just use a Scrap variant.  I know they're too slow, but the Stun aspect of the deck allows it to still have somewhat of a chance against the meta.  It has the balance of power and control that I like; there's a reason why I keep coming back to Scraps.

As for which variant, I'm not sure exactly what to use.  The Worms deal with Six Samurai very well and are also somewhat effective against Dino Rabbits.  While Worm Xex is weaker against Dino Rabbits than against Six Samurai, it still forces Laggia, if the opponent knows what they're doing, that is.  Worms also fail against Inzektors.  Xex is a nice beater, getting over everything that doesn't have Zektkaliber equipped, including Hopper.  But, Yagan falls prey to Hornet too easily, and if I Veil their Dragonfly or Centipede, they can crash it into the Yagan and force me to bounce it.

But what else is there...?

I just spent about an hour sifting through all of the Level 4 Monsters I could find on Dueling Network and various possibly strategies.  From random stuff like Meklord Army with Chaos Infinity to a Gishki engine using Gishki Ariel and Gishki Beast.  Meklord Army of Skiel can recruit the other Meklord Army Monsters and keep field presence, while a previously Set Chaos Infinity with a Set Scrap Beast can make a Scrap Dragon.  Meklord Army of Granel isn't bad by itself, either.  The Giskhi engine is pretty interesting, too.  I can Set Ariel to search Beast, and if Ariel lives, I can use it as a Synchro Material.  If not, I can revive it with Gishki Beast for an Xyz Summon.  It would suck to draw Beast before Ariel, though.

There's all of these other random recruiter-based strategies, like Karakuri or Zombies.  Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 "Nisamu" acts as the recruiter, grabbing stuff like Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick", which can lead into Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido" and random swarming.  With Zombies, I could just use three Pyramid Turtles, Spirit Reaper, and Mezuki to act as non-Tuners for the Scrap Tuners.  Goblin Zombie is too slow, so Pyramid Turtle can search Mezuki, which I can tune Scrap Beast to, leaving a free non-Tuner for later.

I could even use Giant Rat, which can search Scrap Goblin, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, or Elemental HERO Woodsman.  In the latter case, I can grab a free Polymerization that I can feed Scrap Dragon's effect with.  And Laggia can't deal with a Grand Mole that was summoned off of Giant Rat, so that's cool.

Maybe I'll just scrap the Scraps and combine some of these random engines to make a deck.  Chaos Infinity is pretty good in Worms... Regardless, I'll have to figure this out by Friday evening...

Besides that, I went to the flea market for more cards.  I ended up selling one of my Maxx "C"s and using that money to get a box of Order of Chaos: Special Edition.  I got six Effect Veilers, which was cool, but I didn't pull any money cards at all.  It's not bad, though, since most of the holos I pulled were at least decent, like Number 96: Dark Mist and Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo.  Unfortunately,  I only pulled one Photon Thrasher, while I pulled four Inzektor Dragonflies... Oh, but I did get three Gogogo Giants, so that was good.

I also got a box of Ra Yellow Mega Pack for Aki and I to split.  We got some pretty good stuff, like four Thunder King Rai-Ohs, five Judgment Dragons, two Super Rare D.D. Crows, two Super Rare Hero Blasts, two Ultra Rare Dimensional Prisons, two Secret Rare Neos Aliuses, two Secret Rare E - Emergency Calls, a Secret Rare Cyber Dragon, and a Secret Rare Super Polymerization.  There was other good stuff, too, but it's a lot to list.  Oh, and I got a bunch of second and third form Yubels, but only one first form Yubel.  Yeah, most of you don't care, but Aki might...

Other random stuff I picked up included two Masked HERO Acids, two Masked HERO Vapors, a Masked HERO Daian, and two Dark Grephers.  The Dark Grephers are for if I decide to make Infernities and/or Vayu Turbo, while the Masked HEROes were for Aki's deck.  It should be a lot stronger now with the Acid and Daian.

But yeah, I still need to decide on what deck to use...

8 comments:

  1. good stuff. could u post a decklist for Aki's deck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I actually don't have Aki's deck list at the moment.

      Delete
  2. So, you finally tried it out!XD

    When you first mentioned it, I tried it out after just a few days!

    Here's my decklist!

    3 Worm Xex
    3 Worm Yagan
    1 Elemental HERO Stratos
    3 Elemental HERO Neos Alius
    1 Honest
    2 Bubbleman

    3 Pot of Duality
    3 Gemini Spark
    3 Miracle Fusion
    2 Super Polymerization
    1 Reinforcement of the Army
    2 E - Emergency Call
    1 Monster Reborn
    1 Dark Hole
    1 Heavy Storm

    2 Solemn Warning
    1 Solemn Judgment
    1 Torrential Tribute
    1 Mirror Force
    2 Call of The Haunted
    3 Hero Blast

    2 Blade Armor Ninja
    2 Number 39: Utopia
    Various Elemental HERO monsters


    I didn't get to do many tests mostly due to my laziness, but I did try it out against my friend's Six Samurai!

    It worked wonders and unlike what I first thought I didn't have that many dead draws!

    From what I think, the biggest problem will be when I face Inzektors!

    Too bad I won't be in a local tournament for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that using three Worm Yagans is unnecessary. Two is fine, especially since you can reset its banish condition by using it for an Xyz Summon.

      You're also playing a lot of cards that assume you'll have access to Neos Alius, but those could all turn into dead cards if you don't open with a good hand. That's one of the reasons why I don't really like HEROes.

      Delete
  3. Scrap Dragon is deadly.
    Why don't you try Gravekeeper's engine? Descendant can take care of a backrow, or a random Thunder King to make it safe for Scrap Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gravekeeper's are even worse against Inzektors than Worms. And if I draw Gravekeeper's Descendant, what am I supposed to do with it...? If I were to run the Gravekeeper's engine, I'd run three Spies and a Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite.

      Oh, and I don't care if they use Rai-Oh on my Scrap Dragon, as I'll just revive a Scrap from my Graveyard anyway.

      I do like Scraps, which is why I want to stay with the deck, but I'm just not sure about which variant I would want to run.

      Delete
  4. run bubble beat ! i know u dont like heroes but its the only cheaper viable decks around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don't think that it's viable.

      After testing a few things, I'm actually leaning more towards a Nordic build with My Body as a Shield. I'm still not entirely sure, so we'll see, I guess.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.