Friday, June 15, 2012

Tournament Report 6/15/12

So, I expected there to be a Battle Pack tournament today, but when I got there, the store owner said that it would just be a normal tournament.  Good thing I brought my decks...

So yeah, there ended up being around 24 people.  I decided to use my Scrap Worms deck, since it seemed like there would be a lot of random stuff, Dark Worlds, and Inzektors.

Round 1: vs Newbie Crystal Beasts - OO

I just made Scrap Dragon both games and ripped his field apart.  I barely let him crystallize any of his Crystal Beasts.

Round 2: vs Inzektors - XOX

-Duel 1: I opened with a lackluster hand, as it had no Scrap Monsters in it.  I knew that this guy was playing Inzektors, so I just Set a couple Traps instead of making a Worm Xex play.  He did use Dragonfly to destroy my back rows, then did the crazy OTK combo to kill me.
-Duel 2: I actually drew relevant Traps and my Scrap Monsters this duel, so it was fairly easy to control the board.  He wasted an Effect Veiler so that he could drop BLS, but I had my own Veiler for it.  Yeah, that was kind of his last hope.
-Duel 3: I opened with three Scrap Tuners and two MST's.  Yeah, I lost to the Inzektor OTK combo.

Round 3: vs Final Countdown - OO

In both duels, I just slowly built up my field while destroying his back rows with Scrap Dragon.  There wasn't much he could do.

So there were three undefeated players at this point, and I was paired up against one of them.  It was the annoying guy who doesn't know how to stop talking that I played against in Round 1 of this tournament.  I have no idea of how he went undefeated, since he played against two regulars.  From what I heard, he just got really lucky or his opponent just got really unlucky.

Round 4: vs Newbie Dragons - OO

-Duel 1: I made a Maestroke with my Worm Yagan and his Alexandrite Dragon (courtesy of Mind Control).  He banished it with Dimensional Prison, using up his only Trap.  So, I overlaid two Scrap Beasts on the following turn to make Steelswarm Roach.  He used Blizzard Dragon to prevent it from attacking, but I just made a Thought Ruler Archfiend and killed his Blizzard Dragon.  He then summoned Totem Dragon and banished it for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, but I still had Steelswarm Roach... He rage-quit the duel when I negated REDMD's summon.
-Duel 2: I made a Scrap Dragon and he couldn't do anything about it.

So that ended up being the last round.  I went 3-1 and got 6th place (I still placed lower than my Round 4 opponent, which is stupid...) Anyways, only Top 3 got store credit, so I didn't win anything.  I did get a Really Eternal Rest out of my Turbo Pack 8, though, so that was nice.

But yeah, I'm not sure which deck I'll use tomorrow.  I'm probably just going to scope out the players there first, then decide, like I did today.  So yeah, we'll see...

Also, I was really tempted to buy two boxes of Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, since the probability of getting nice cards from it is fairly good.  The only reason I didn't buy them was because I'm going back tomorrow, so I'll have more time to think about it.  [Insert thinking time...] So now that I've thought about it, I won't be buying boxes of Battle Pack.  After taking the time to go through the set list, I realized that I only want 30 cards out of the 220.  Ten of those cards are Rares, ten are from the Spell/Trap slot, and the other ten are from the other two slots.  That's not worth buying boxes randomly.

I mean, Tour Guide has already dropped to $20 for a Rare and $25 for a Starfoil (at least at my locals), so why would I want to spend like a hundred dollars in an attempt to maybe pull two Tour Guides...?  Besides, I might play in Battle Pack tournaments either at locals or with friends, so there's no point in wasting my money on this.  My money will, however, be wasted on Kaijudo once that is released.

2 comments:

  1. kaijudo same as duelmasters? Coming out in september right? I also aiming for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaijudo appears to be exactly the same as Duel Masters, except with diferent cards. The first Kaijudo cards will be released in the Unites States on June 26, but I'm not sure if it's going to be released anywhere else.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.