Thursday, June 21, 2012

Random Stuff #45

So, after sorting through every single Level 4 or lower Effect Monster in the game, I have decided that any "good stuff" deck that I could make would not be good enough to combat the meta.  In fact, the Nordic Diva deck I've been using is probably the best "good stuff" deck that I could be using.  Honestly, there's only nine Nordic cards in the Main Deck, with the rest of the Monsters being the Diva engine, the Hamster engine, and some "good stuff" (Gorz, Veiler, Sangan, Spirit Reaper).

So yeah, I'll just be using my Nordic Diva deck this Sunday, unless something weird happens at the tournament, like everyone decides to play Six Samurai or something... But, I'm assuming that there will be a lot of Chaos Dragon and Lightsworn players there, so I think Nordic Diva stands the best chance against those.

At the same time, I'm kind of planning for next format.  Even though the ban list is like two months away, the fact that there's no more major tournaments (at least until August, at the earliest) means that I don't really have to take this format very seriously anymore.  I mean, I'm not going to the World Championship Qualifier in Ohio, so there's really nothing else for this format for me.

As for next format, assuming the ban list hits Inzektors and Dino Rabbits, then the format should be much better.  I guess it would be good to kill the Wind-Up Hunter loop as well, and Chaos Dragons can be pretty ridiculous.  But the main thing is the two decks that prevent diversity in the format: the aforementioned Inzektors and Dino Rabbits.  Inzektors punish any deck that relies on Continuous cards (not named Skill Drain or Necrovalley) and decks that are slower or more control-based.  They also have a ridiculously easy to pull off OTK.  Dino Rabbits have their crazy Rabbit/Tour Guide play that can either OTK or drop Laggia and Dolkka to lock you out of the duel.

But if you've been playing this format in the TCG, I guess I don't have to tell you these things.  But yeah, assuming these things are hit, then next format should be pretty good.  Yes, there's a pattern; the format between September and March is generally good, but the format between March and September is generally horrible.

Another major factor here is the legality of Heavy Storm, though.  Will it get cycled out of the game after having been back for a year?  Perhaps.  If not, then I hope T.G. Striker comes back.  Yes, I want to play T.G. Zombies again.  But if Heavy Storm gets banned, Chaos Dragons get hit a lot indirectly (decks relying on the Lightsworn engine tend to suck without the threat of Heavy Storm around), and Scrap Worms become viable to combat all of the Gravekeeper's and Six Samurai that are bound to return.  So yeah, I feel like I'm just rambling here, so I'll stop with this subject.

In less than five days, Kaijudo will be released in the United States.  I'm planning on going with Aki to pick up Battle Decks the day after they're released, so that'll be cool.  Not only that, but apparently there's going to be some sort of online Kaijudo card game that actually teaches you how to play the card game (unlike the Battle Game... thing...).  So yeah, I can't wait for that.

Yeah, my summer is becoming really boring already.  I guess I shouldn't complain, since I don't have to do any work, but I've been pretty bored.  There's nothing exciting in Yu-Gi-Oh, Kaijudo isn't out yet, and there aren't any new video games that have grabbed my attention.  I've just been replaying through old video games that I have.

For instance, last week, it was Battle Assault 3: Featuring Gundam SEED.  It was pretty fun.  I hated using Aile Strike since it's Ultimate Attack is horrible, but all of the other Strike Gundams and Freedom Gundam were pretty good.  But yeah, I unlocked everything, so now I'm done with that.  I'll probably play through the first Paper Mario again later in the summer, once the excitement from Kaijudo dies down.  And for some reason, I feel like playing Time Crisis (2, 3, or 4).  I've only really played it in arcades, and I don't want to spend any money on it, but I feel like playing it for some reason...

Yeah, this blog post isn't really going anywhere.  I'll probably make the Nordic mind games post sometime next week, and of course, there'll be a locals report this Sunday.  So yeah...

7 comments:

  1. what is site of online kaijudo? i want try to play it to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not out yet, but it's supposed to be on kaijudo.com. There info about it that's out so far is here:

      http://www.kaijudo.com/products/strategy-articles/digital-tcg/index.html

      Delete
  2. I believe the limitation of Tech Genus - Striker is a commercial decision.

    Look at a TG Agent deck. 3 Structure, some TGs, BLS, Dualities, Extra, standard cards, nothing else. Konami wants you to spend more! Buy more Tour Guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, the whole ban list is made with profits in mind... It's not just T.G. Agent Fairies.

      I could basically go through every change on the most recent ban list and give examples, but I feel that that topic has been pretty well established... It's sad, but true...

      Delete
  3. I was thinking of a good stuff style deck, with Divas, Tour Guides, and Creature Swaps. Not my greatest idea, but always worth trying to find something new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same idea, minus the Creature Swaps. But Tour Guides and Divas don't make a deck by themselves. There has to be something else, and what that could be is the main problem. So far, Nordics have been pretty good, but it's still too slow.

      And Creature Swap isn't very good this format, in my experience. That's why I've given up on any sort of T.G. or Zombie deck until the next ban list. Your opponent either has a bunch of Monsters out, can negate the Creature Swap, or has already killed you.

      Like you said in one of your posts, this format isn't very welcoming to rogue decks.

      Delete
  4. bored? check out Gunnerkrigg Court. Art is meh at first but it picks up later in the series. The plot is good and the characters are very intriguing. Give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.