Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Small Update

So, it turns out that I won't be going to locals on Sunday, so I'll be going on Saturday instead.  That means that I'll probably take my Scrap Worms.  Honestly, though, I could just see what everyone else is playing and decide accordingly before the tournament starts.

By the way, the Saturday tournament this week is special or something; first place gets a Gen Con pass, or something.  I don't really care, since I'm not going.  If I win it, I'd just sell it, or something.  Or something.

But yeah, I'm still going on Friday night for the Battle Pack tournament.  Like I said before, I'm hoping that they have a DREV Sneak Preview mat, since I want one.  It might replace my signature Rotom mat, since the Rotom mat is getting pretty old and dirty.  We'll see.

And, Aki taught me how to play WeiB Schwarz yesterday.  I actually like the game (which disappoints me greatly).  It's a pretty solid game, and for those of you who don't know how it works, it's basically like Vanguard, except better.  That's essentially because WeiB Schwarz actually requires skill and thought to play.  Even though it's cool as a card game, I doubt that I'd play it seriously because I don't care for the anime/manga/video games that it's based off of.

So yeah, don't forget to check out the Nordic Diva deck profile I posted yesterday on this very blog and on my secondary YouTube channel.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you like Weiss Schwarz. It disappoints me that Vanguard is starting to take off here and Bushiroad is unable to really bring over Weiss Schwarz, since it's clearly the superior game between the two...

    I have to give you the bit on their selection of anime/manga/games that they have. It's mostly moe anime that's popular in Japan, so that really turns off a lot of potential players.

    Are you going to upload any Kaijudo videos once it comes out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, WeiB Schwarz is coming to the US, according to the owner of my locals. I don't think I'd play it, but I'd be interested in seeing what happens.

      And the fact that it's the superior game means nothing, sadly. Vanguard is easy to play and anyone can win, meaning that more people will play it, regardless of the fact that it's not a very good card game.

      I know about the selection of anime/manga/games that are used in WeiB Schwarz. Aki introduced me to some of them, like Melty Blood. All I know about Melty Blood though is the guy in the school uniform with the knife. But yeah, I don't really care for those anime/manga/games.

      And I will definitely upload Kaijudo videos once it comes out. I'm planning on making a video of me opening the Battle Decks once I get them. I'm really excited for Kaijudo, and there's less than two weeks left before we get the Battle Decks and, by extension, the official rules for the game. I'm hoping that not much is changed from Duel Masters, but I would like for them to add a side board of some sort.

      Delete
    2. They're releasing a couple of starter decks in English, but as far as I know, Bushiroad has no plans to release the actual TCG over here. I think there's far too many licensing issues and I'm honestly not sure how well it would do over here.

      There's a full list of series in Weiss Schwarz http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws but yeah, most of it is sort of the same type of stuff. The selection turns a lot of people off. Still, it's a fun game and I'm glad that you think highly of it.

      I'm excited for Kaijudo as well, so I'd love to see content for it on your channel. I loved Duel Masters and continued to import and play it until it eventually died out at my locals. I'm assuming that it'll be very similar if not identical to Duel Masters, but we'll have to see. I don't like the art style very much, though.

      Delete
    3. Well, a lot of the art for Kaijudo will be straight from Duel Masters. I guess we'll have to see what happens, though.

      Delete
    4. But it may create certain confusion. Even though both runs on the same style, etc mana and etc. But they shld be two different card games. This puts me in a fixed, play duelmaster or Kaijudo. Both cards cannot be mixed

      Delete
    5. Well, if I were you, I'd just play whichever one is more supported in your area.

      I'd like to play Duel Masters, but it died out in the United States a long time ago. But now, we have Kaijudo, so that's what I'm going to stick with.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.