Saturday, February 6, 2010

Absolute Powerforce Sneak Preview

I went today with some of my friends. It was pretty fun.

So, when I entered for the first time, I found out that that would be the only time I'd be able to enter. Konami made it so that you could only enter once per day. How sad...

What's worse is that I only pulled one holo. At least it was a decent one: Saber Hole. It was kind of like how I only pulled Gladiator Beast War Chariot from the Duelist Genesis Sneak Peek.

I was trying for a Battle Fader, but the only guy I talked to with one didn't want to give it up for less than $45. It's good, but it's not THAT good. I got an Ultimate Rare Drill Warrior for $10, though.

What's cool is that I was able to play on the new Duel Terminals! I got 6 cards and did one Speed Duel. The only holo I got was an X-Saber Wayne, which was exactly what Aki got when he went to the Duel Terminal in Japan. It wasn't much, but it was nice to get a holo...

After that, and a little more looking for Battle Fader, I gave up hope. I ended up trading my Saber Hole to the guy I dueled in Round 4 of this tournament. I got a Duel Terminal Ally of Justice Catastor, which was nice. I was going to get another Catastor anyway, so might as well get a Duel Terminal one.

One of my friends challenged that guy to a duel. My friend was playing Six Samurai and the guy (who I would also say is my friend, but it would get too confusing) was playing X-Sabers. The guy pulled off an amazingly amazing play, Creature Swapping an Emmersblade (really cool) for a Grandmaster of the Six Samurai with a Spirit of the Six Samurai attached. That was +3.

After my friend lost terribly, I challenged the guy to a duel. I used my new, unfinished (three proxies) deck which I had been testing out: Absolute Chaos Cyclone. It's a deck that focuses on dropping E-Hero AbZ, Chaos Sorcerer, and Dark Simorgh, and uses a Neo-Spacian engine. When it works, it's pretty cool, but it's still pretty inconsistent.

We played two matches, which amounted to six duels. We each won one match, and it was an awesome six duels. He pulled off his Loop of Awesome Names twice, but I was able to drop Dark Simorgh on the first turn twice.

One of the game-breaking cards in the duels was Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin. Yes, the Dolphin. I was able to drop it, see his hand, destroy a Monster, and put a card into my Graveyard, all at the same time. It won one game all by itself (well, not ALL by itself) and it set me up for a first turn Dark Simorgh.

Summon Aqua Dolphin, pitch Dark Simorgh to see his hand and destroy Regigura. Future Fusion for Elemental Hero Tempest (yes, Tempest), dumping Avian, Sparkman, and Bubbleman. Remove Dark Simorgh and Avian to Special Summon the Dark Simorgh in my hand. Gold Sarcophagus for Miracle Fusion and set Call of the Haunted. Upon realizing that he couldn't set cards, he claimed that it was "game over!"

The end of that game was even more epic. He was able to Special Summon Faultroll from his hand. He tuned Fulhelmknight to Regigura for Armory Arm, and equipped it to Faultroll. He attacked over my Dark Simorgh, which was there since the start of the game.

"Okay, I take 700 Battle Damage," I moved Dark Simorgh to the Graveyard, "I take 2700 Effect Damage," I dropped Gorz, "and you take 2700 Effect Damage." He was at 2000 LP. That was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Awesome.

So, overall, the Sneak Peek was pretty fun. I used up a bunch of money, though, buying a Prisma, a Dark Armed Dragon (from my friend, so he could enter), a Drill Warrior, and the five ABPF packs. It was worth it, though.

3 comments:

  1. Armoury Arm Burn countered with a Gorz for game!

    Nice lol! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gorz combo was amazing. Well done. Shame you only pulled 1 holo. I got 2, The Moon Dragon and Iron Core Specimen Lab. Both I traded for some cards i needed for other decks but still. Anyways great to hear you got drill warrior. My friend got one aswell for the exact same price well 5 Pounds which is nearly 10 dollars. So yea great report thouroghly enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. That's an epic game ending.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.