Sunday, February 14, 2010

Random Stuff

So, back to posting...

I ended up being well enough to make more videos with Aki, so I'm going to start posting videos again, starting today. Although I could have probably posted videos during my illness, I was worried that I would run out if I wasn't able to make videos this weekend. Either way, stuff worked out for the better.

There's lots of hype about the ban list. The V-Jump with the ban list spoilers (and E-Hero Neos Knight) isn't coming out until Friday (2/20), so lists posted online (particularly on Pojo) will most likely be fakes. Fake scans are usually discernible by the Japanese names of the cards (which are from previous years) not matching the card pictures that are edited in. In one instance, I saw a Dark Armed Dragon with the name above the card saying サイバー・ドラゴン (Cyber Dragon).

The set list for The Shining Darkness has been revealed, and the pack has some pretty neat cards, aside from the Blackwing and Infernity support. I'll probably talk about it eventually, or maybe rant about it when Konami decides to jack up the rarities on all of the nice cards.

I defeated Palmer in the 49th consecutive Battle Tower match today. I got the "Gold Print" and 20BP. I was hoping for more BP, since it took forever to kill his Cresselia (I was saving Gallade for Heatran and Regigigas), but I still have a bunch of BP that I don't even know what to do with.

Aki and I played a little PBR online today. It was fun, since we took 3 of my Pokemon and 3 of his and put them in a Doubles Team. We got one great match against a good trainer, but Aki's Gliscor killed my Regice (which was taking hits from Sableye and Ampharos like a beast!).

Drill Warrior is good. You'll see what I mean in three days...

4 comments:

  1. do you think heavy storm will be banned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that Heavy Storm will ever be banned, well, not without them giving us a replacement or something.

    Without Heavy Storm, players would be able to set all of their Spells/Traps without fear. There may be Black Rose Dragon, Judgment Dragon, and stuff like that, but those could probably be stopped by whatever the player set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but isnt there already some replacments?
    delta crow-anti reverse
    a wingbeat of a giant dragon
    Malevolent Catastrophe
    to name a few, and besides if heavy would be banned i suspect mst/giant trunade/coldwave would get semi limited, who knows

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some cards like that, but most of them aren't sufficient. The closest one is Malevolent Catastrophe, and that can be avoided by just not attacking.

    When playing in the Pegasus League at SJCLA, I noticed that people would often set all of their Traps and Quick-Play Spells, knowing that there was no Heavy Storm. Even I would do that, if the Traps were live (I needed an Iron Core of the Koa'ki Meiru for most of my Traps).

    Even three Mystical Space Typhoons is no replacement for Heavy Storm.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.